Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sam Harris on non-duality and meditation etc

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

The interviewee, Dan Harris (no relation) was on the Colbert Report recently and gave a very brief meditation instruction. It was really something for me to see meditation talked about on such a widely seen forum as that.

• :clap:

After a while, formal meditation kicks in. Benefits happen as side effects. Wow. Buddhism works! OK 'fess up who knew? Why didn't you say? . . . oh you did . . . :o

• @lobster said:
    :clap:

After a while, formal meditation kicks in. Benefits happen as side effects. Wow. Buddhism works! OK 'fess up who knew? Why didn't you say? . . . oh you did . . . :o

You are a very polite and funny character @lobster, but sometimes I really have no clue what you are trying to get across lol! Don't take this as an offense, I am just making an observation pal.

Chaz
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

@ThailandTom said:
    You are a very polite and funny character lobster, but sometimes I really have no clue what you are trying to get across lol! Don't take this as an offense, I am just making an observation pal.

I suspect what you (me, everyone) get(s) out of @lobster's posts is more important to him than figuring out exactly what he means :D

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2014

@ThailandTom said:
    You are a very polite and funny character lobster, but sometimes I really have no clue what you are trying to get across lol! Don't take this as an offense, I am just making an observation pal.

:(:)
    . . . sad and happy cructacean. Being polite is a quality, that you have have emulated, one of the reasons I aim to be polite. Funnily enough when people laugh it eases dukkha and 'impolite' points can be made. If I was more skilful my posts would be obvious on more levels. The original posters link is worth reading more than my twaddle . . .

. . . and now a cryptic message from my sponsor . . .

• ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2014

@lobster said:

I'm still ill so not in my right mind, but you just screwed my head right up lobster, not just the cushion but the post lol... I will have to read it a few times maybe.

• @ThailandTom said:
    I'm still ill so not in my right mind, but you just screwed my head right up lobster, not just the cushion but the post lol... I will have to read it a few times maybe.

You're ill and can't understand lob. I can't understand her when I am perfectly healthy.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(him).

• I never fish with anything..
    even lobsterian fishermen

• @federica said:
    (him).

Him? Lobster is a girl....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I always though she was a he.... but there again, I am, on extremely rare occasions, incorrect....

• GuiGui Veteran
    edited April 2014

Instructions

1 Turn the lobster over

2 Locate the pair of swimmerets closest to the lobster's body. These are the small appendages on the underside of the tail.

3 Take a close look at the swimmerets. If they're hard and bony, the lobster is a male. If they're small and feathery, the lobster is a female.

person

If you think for one moment I am going to flip @lobster over and examine the undercarriage, you're one sandwich short of a picnic, matey....

karastilobsterJeffrey
  • @federica said:
    I always though she was a he.... but there again, I am, on extremely rare occasions, incorrect....

I assumed lobster was a guy, I don't know why...
    Anyway this place sure would not be the same without our Buddhist crustacean

Chaz
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

Awesome! We go from the beginnings of a discussion about what a pretentious, self-absorbed, deliberately controversial, wanna-be Dzogchenpa has to say about ...... mind (?) to a member's never-ending contrived cleverness.

Gotta love this place.

Harris is a lot more interesting, even though he's not very interesting in the first place.

lobster
  • robotrobot Veteran

Since lobster won't speak for itself, and another member has been calling it Ed, I will continue to assume that it is male.

That's one of the quirky things about this site that makes it a more....interesting one, to participate on.
    If I was a real stickler for 'keeping on topic', threads would be much shorter, and discussion not as varied or humorous.
    I think both are important attributes, myself.

• CittaCitta Veteran

@robot said:
    Since lobster won't speak for itself, and another member has been calling it Ed, I will continue to assume that it is male.

EdWARD ? EdWINA? EdWIN ? EdITH ?

• robotrobot Veteran

@Citta said:
    EdWARD ? EdWINA? EdWIN ? EdITH ?

So many choices! I'm going with Edward.

• CittaCitta Veteran

Congratulations..I hope you and Edward will be happy together.

robotChazThailandTom
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited April 2014

@robot said:
    So many choices! I'm going with Edward.

I'm going with Edwina,
    you cannot spell Edwina with the WIN

• Whilst we await the name poll results . . . thanks for the link . . . far more useful

• @ThailandTom said:
    you cannot spell Edwina with the WIN

*without 'win'
    durp

Maybe @lobster's transgender, which would go nicely with the original 'non-duality' topic of this thread.... AHEM!!

ThailandTom