Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

is it me or the teachings

i use to get angry at the littlest things for no reason, i was depressed, everything i did felt like i was leading to failed. my family played a big roll for me in the past of causing my anger and everyone and my family never believed me when i was telling the truth about my sister doing drugs and giving her self away like a prostitute. i was watching her kids what felt like days and nights they always said i never new wht i am talking about cause i am a minor ... i have bin out of my house for 4 years now i am not 18yrs yet and now tht i am found where i belong spiritually ...t from what most people say i am one of the people that has lots of wisdom that they know and i learn from others mistakes also my own way easily with just observation .... my god mom says i have a old soul with the mind of an old wise man .and the teaching of the buddha along with the 8eight fold path i learned how to except things, and to forgive myself and others easily and my reactions to bad news is more of excepting for the way things are. so is it me or the teachings?

JeffreyVictorious

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited September 2014

@HollyRose1 said:
    So is it me or the teachings?

Probably both. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
    So I have heard.

Some people go through life without learning anything. You have been exposed to a lot for your age, and have been able to internalize experiences in a way that works positively for you, which is fantastic.

HollyRose1
  • Hey buddy I'd like to say well done for being strong, you must have been through a lot already at such a young stage of your life..Don't blame your folks or sister or anyone who's ever hurt you in the past, because they didn't know what they we're doing & didn't know any better at the time..They may still not know any better, & so should receive your empathy just like all mean offensive people should do..It's never the teachings it's always you that has to realise the truths for yourself, so your your own teacher..& all the teachings can do is give you ideas or hints, at how to train to realise the truths..The truths was & are always there to find, & we're there before the teachings..But it's up to the individual to find then realise the truths, through experience & training/realising..I'm 41 now & have spent a lot of time learning emotions & feelings & thought control, & become quite an expert on mindfulness training..So if you have any questions on those subjects, feel free to ask..In my opinion we're obviously here to learn how to become aware of our self, then change/adjust/build ourself, & at the same time shed our mind, then become enlightened..& it's not all for nothing either, because the nothing is the mind that had to be shed to become enlightened..So as we say in the UK buddy, "crack on-wards & forwards". :-)

JeffreyHollyRose1Buddhadragon
  • LiiLii Explorer

Yes both! The teachings explain your behavior, you change to feel more pleasant and then you are different. So then it is you! Good job Holy Rose. It gets better and better!

HollyRose1
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited September 2014

@HollyRose1 said:
    i use to get angry at the littlest things for no reason, i was depressed, everything i did felt like i was leading to failed. my family played a big roll for me in the past of causing my anger and everyone and my family never believed me when i was telling the truth about my sister doing drugs and giving her self away like a prostitute. i was watching her kids what felt like days and nights they always said i never new wht i am talking about cause i am a minor ... i have bin out of my house for 4 years now i am not 18yrs yet and now tht i am found where i belong spiritually ...t from what most people say i am one of the people that has lots of wisdom that they know and i learn from others mistakes also my own way easily with just observation .... my god mom says i have a old soul with the mind of an old wise man .and the teaching of the buddha along with the 8eight fold path i learned how to except things, and to forgive myself and others easily and my reactions to bad news is more of excepting for the way things are. so is it me or the teachings?

Its all you.

Even if the teaching is a help and a good description to go by. Still you got to lift your feet in the right direction yourself.

Gotama is said to have said. I can show you the path but you got to walk it yourself.

That is as I see it.

Good going btw.

/Victor

BuddhadragonHollyRose1
  • i let the little things become my teacher

HamsakaTosh
  • LiiLii Explorer

Little by little HollyRose. You are very young to be so wise. I am so happy for you.

HollyRose1Buddhadragon
  • The thing that's so cool about the dharmma is that it reflects reality. The teaching is life, life is the teachings.

HollyRose1VictoriousBuddhadragon
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited September 2014

@HollyRose1 said:
    i let the little things become my teacher

Very very good!

The one who finds a lesson in the smallest of things have a infinite treasury at hand!

Earthninja
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

@HollyRose1 said:
    i let the little things become my teacher

you seem to have great wisdom. keep going.

metta to you and all sentient beings.

HollyRose1
  • A bucket will steadily and with certainty eventually become filled by many little drops.

BuddhadragonHamsaka
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    A bucket will steadily and with certainty eventually become filled by many little drops.

Don't know what the restrictions are for the bucket, but remember what they say about the cup getting too full, @Jeffrey :)

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I had a dream of an overflowing bucket with the word "more" engraved on it.

Hamsaka