Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thoughts on Recent Racism Flareups in America

2»

Comments

• It's two tiered systemic abuse; rampant misogyny and racism. Both have a long history. Due to cases like this where the evidence is absolute and substantial, yet the accused gets to live at home under house arrest is why people react strongly.

I simply meant to share this notable and recent case as a response to your initial post, and other's follow-up sentiment about insufficient evidence and such.

Honestly, it's hard to see stuff like this and Huineng it away like a bad odor.

Considering all that, I empathize with your position in it all. I have similar feelings /positions on other passionately-discussed subjects.

• @Zombiegirl I get that, thanks

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    @zombiegirl;

I do understand your point and concede to it but at the same time, using the label still perpetuates the problem.

I don't say this because I want my race (or whatever) to get as much attention because I am of the human race.

Cancer is a bit different because different sorts need different areas of research whereas racism always has the same problem at its core. If we could treat all cancers with the same method we wouldn't need so many separate areas of funding.

My point has absolutely nothing to do with race and everything to do with the perpetuation of us vs "them"
  • Telly03Telly03 Veteran
    edited January 2015

I personally don't have a problem with "Black Lives Matter", because I have an understanding of the intended message, but I'm not so sure everyone sending and receiving the message understands... It can be used to incite since it is racial and generic.

• I can add that the protestors blocking traffic, preventing from going home for hours, did not help their cause in sending me a positive message, especially considering how bad I had to go pee, and I know my dogs at home were feeling the same :)