Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Problems with Quote function

The quote function here is still very hit and miss, and quite frustrating.

On most forums the quote button inserts the full text from the post you are replying to, you can then delete the bits you don't want.
One one forum I visit you can just highlight the section of text you want to reply to, which works really well.

Any chance of getting the quote function working better, pretty please? ;)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@SpinyNorman said:

Yes, I must empathise, it's irritating when you quote something, and the above is all you get....

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

Can you give me links to specific posts that don't "Quote" right so I can investigate further?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Linc said:
    Can you give me links to specific posts that don't "Quote" right so I can investigate further?

It generally works OK with short posts like yours, but with longer posts you either just get the last line or nothing. It's one of those things that happens so regularly you sort of get used to. Do you want us to flag these?

You can get a link to a precise post by right-clicking the timestamp and selecting Copy Link (or similar). Just paste that here.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@SpinyNorman said:

There you go!! Post above yours, @Linc! No copying of link required!

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

Seems like if you try to quote a post with quotes init you have problems

I think you may be on to something there, @Chaz....

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Well oi dunno

@federica said:

@SpinyNorman said:
    Well oi dunno

Yup. I think that may well be an issue, or possibly, even, THE issue....

Thanks! Filed a bug ticket for it.

Bunks

:bleep_bloop::star:

@Linc said:
    You can get a link to a precise post by right-clicking the timestamp and selecting Copy Link (or similar). Just paste that here.

http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/comment/432305/#Comment_432305