Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where is your compassion?

As a mass murderer, yesterday I exposed insects and defenceless insects to the cruel attention of sentient munching birds. Compassion is not real for a gardening dharma criminal. I also had two meals with dead fish flesh.

I may be evil . . . :p

However on a brighter and more compassionate note I was kind to some hungry birds and did appreciate the c-d . . .

Should I try to be more ultra spiritual? Please be kind. o:)

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Time to consult the cushion perhaps @lobster ...I have a spare one for you...

DairyLamaRowan1980
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    If you do kind things for people because a book/Buddha tells you to, is that not selfishness?
    You are not doing it out of compassion you are doing it because you "should" do it.
    Therefore your thoughts and actions are not in alignment,
    Hmmm... Hard one.

I feel bad if I kill any creature now. But I still way meat.
    I used to kill insects and fish AND eat meat.

Compassion arises spontaneously, but can it be cultivated by doing good things because you want to be compassionate?

I'm probably going to end up as something's meal in the next life XD
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

It doesn't matter to the "creatures" why you do what you do.

lobster
  • LOL

I have no intention of imposing vogonism, veganism on myself, birds or the insect realm.

Perhaps the question might be rephrased: Does compassion include a love of mint sauce with Shaun the Sheep?

Compassion for me involves love and might that mean a love for Buddhas with headphones, love for marines, love for phobias?

. . . no love or compassion for the hell realms or ignorant ?

. . . m m m . . .

Maybe I need a bigger heart . . . <3

karasti
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited March 2015

"Where is your compassion?"

I always carry a spare pack of compassion around with me...you never know when you might need it...I also buy bulk when it's on special...

Nerima
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@lobster said:> Does compassion include a love of mint sauce with Shaun the Sheep?

Please don't eat Shaun the Sheep! Millions of children would be in tears, and I love him too. ;)

• I believe there are no kids here, or should not be? Not sure. We did have one here a while back. She asked excellent questions as kids often do but eventually her presence was IMHO rightly removed by her watchful mother. There are some strange deluded people here and I am at least seven of them.

Consider Shaun as inedible, lambs are not so safe . . . >:) We of course protect Shaun, Santa, the Easter Funny Bunny and children. Adults we might have to be a little more direct with . . . o:)

and now back to the heart of compassion . . . <3

• http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2008/dec/03/reindeer-meat-christmas

I see Buddhism as a gentle approach to yourself and the others - and as a moderation. I appreciate those who teach Buddhism in prisons.

• mmommo Veteran

I think there is nothing wrong with feeling the need to do good. Perhaps, this is a first step for us to become naturally kind. Initially, we can just develop ourselves into doing good for the sake of good. Step by step process, this is what I understand. Same with becoming vegetarian out of compassion for animals. The way to go with plant based food would be to reduce animal products one by one, it is not really easy to have an abrupt change in diet. At least, I find that it makes me quite weak.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Fake it til you make it.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

And don't eat Shaun the Sheep!