Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

an idea for new parents

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The following was passed along in email. I don't know about any other parents out there, but it left me feeling I wished I had thought of it.

.png 52.5K
ZenshinvinlynShoshinRowan1980Hamsaka

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'll have to suggest this to a friend of mine whose daughter is pregnant.

Incidentally, I'm convinced that my grandson, even though his parents never constructed the above scenario, is most definitely - well, ok, probably - an alien-baby... (He has pointed ears....!)

Vastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

=)

Getting a spacecraft into a forest might be hard ...
    Otherwise even ten year olds today are 'PHOTOSHOPPED!' savvy. The principle is sound though or is it? <3

Imagination development or deception?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster said: ....Imagination development or deception?

A bit of both, but frankly, who cares? The kinds of parents who would find this stunt funny, are going to have and raise kids who would find this stunt funny.....

lobsterVastmindvinlyn
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

" I don't know about any other parents out there,..."

Since you asked.....kinda corney for my taste. Sorry, I was too busy feeding the newborn every 3-4 hours, and keeping track of baby bowel movements, and keeping track of sleeping to go through all that for a later date joke.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited May 2015

LOL funny. Would depend on the kid which can be hard to say so you can always abort. I once (I am 3 years older) wrote up a fake certificate that my sister was adopted and left it in my mom's drawer where my sister was always snooping. I found it funny. She didn't, and neither did my parents, lol.

People come up with some amazing ideas though! I never come up with ideas like that. I can't even figure out how to decorate for my son's graduation party, so I look around Pinterest and stuff and man people have amazing ideas for everything. Except me!

VastmindRowan1980
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

@federica -- Can't refrain from remembering a woman I met while on a long-distance bus trip. We got to talking and it turned out she came from an enormous flock of children whose father had a number of ways of keeping idle hands at work. One of them was to tell the kids that if they collected their farts in jars and then sent them to Ireland, there was a man who would pay them a dollar apiece.

The jars began to accumulate and finally the kids wanted to cash in. The father added one more proviso: Each jar needed to be labeled from the inside without losing the fart.

Vastmind
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran
    I'll have to show this to my twin brother and my sister-in-law, who are expecting their first child in November. This is up their alley! :lol: