Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Heck yeah...

edited May 2007 in Sanghas
...I just found out that Noah Levine, author of Dhamra Punx and son of Zen Master Steven Levine, will be coming to my town on his new book tour. The new book, Against The Stream, is to be a leading book for Gen-Xers in the 21st century that are intersted in Buddhism. I am psyched to attend the event. WOO HOO!

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Wow! That sounds like a book I'd like to read 'cuz I'm definitely a Gen-Xer in the 21st century who's interested in Buddhism. I imagine the book's already out since he's touring so I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up, LFA, and have a great time at the event!
  • edited April 2007
    maybe my description is a bit off, I was really excited when I posted... read some of the reviews he got for the book at http://www.dharmapunx.com
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Careful. That sight gets a red rating from SiteAdvisor for sending out an email with a virus in it.
  • edited May 2007
    huh?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2007
    I think - if I may be so jeffin' bold, she means "site", not "sight"..... dharmapunx has been known to infect PCs with a nasty dose of the virtual sniffles.....
  • edited May 2007
    hmm I wonder how that is. Does anyone know if they have been made aware of this?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Yes, I did mean "site". lol! Silly me.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    is that like when you say "shiite" you really mean sh*t?
  • edited May 2007
    Xrayman wrote:
    is that like when you say "Shiite" you really mean sh*t?

It's funny you just said that. A friend of my brother's is a crane operator in Iraq and he just came home for a couple weeks. He had a shirt that said "If you're not Sunni you ain't Shiite"
  • edited May 2007
    Went to the event yesterday and it was awesome. Unfortunately for Noah only 10 or less people showed but it made the talk that much more personal for everyone. There was such an array of people. But it was awesome and Noah's approach to teaching is so fresh and the way he doesn't candycoat anything works well I think. That "no candycoating" approach is exactly what I need to hear sometimes so I was so happy to be able to make this class. He's coming back in August for a 2-day retreat, I'm going to try that also.