Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Love" The Skeleton in the Closet...

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

May all beings come out of their closets to love and be loved <3

WalkerVastmindAmorelobsterBuddhadragonEarthninjaKennethDavidhowanatamanmmo

Comments

• Thanks for a nice thought.
    My life-time goal's to love myself & others well.

Obstacles to that seem to be coming to surface still.
    Many of the obstacles were hidden before, because my idea of love was limited by what I learned in childhood and subsequent replays.
    My idea of what it means to love well is still evolving, and specifically, it may be unique to each circumstance.

Shoshinanataman
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Wow. That was like the skeleton/death meditation except it's for the living!!! :awesome: That was beautiful and fun to watch!!

Shoshinanataman
  • AmoreAmore New
    edited June 2015

Just watched the homosexual marketing video.
    Love is striving for what's good and healthy.
    Statistically, homosexual practices prove to be unhealthy (mental illness, STDs, AIDs/HIV and anal sex medical risks), according to the United States Center for Disease Control.

Sorry to be the one to point out those inconvenient truths.

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

@Amore -- Could you add a link to bolster the assertion? Tnx.

• robotrobot Veteran

@Amore said:
    Statistically, homosexual practices prove to be unhealthy (mental illness, STDs, AIDs/HIV and anal sex medical risks), according to the United States Center for Disease Control.

What is it you're getting at there fella?
    That gays shouldn't try to be loved?
    Or that if gays find love it's not healthy? Does sex equal love in your view?
    Maybe if someone is gay and in love then they should be striving to turn straight.
    Ever hear of condoms?
    Mental illness? Wtf!

Shoshin
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Amore

Or maybe at least you could explain how your first posting relates in some way to your second one?

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2015

I think I might be a closet skeleton :eh:
    Wonderful viral infestation and love aid from @Shoshin

@Amore said:

Many of the obstacles were hidden before, because my idea of love was limited by what I learned in childhood and subsequent replays.

Indeed. <3
    You have used love (amore) as your name. Are you prepared to 'increase in love' as the deviant dervishes advise?

<3 We would love to know ... <3

WalkerShoshinKenneth
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Amore some of the 'sentient beings' in the video "can't" change' (even if they wanted to) but "you" can...

May you find love & happiness <3

person
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Vastmind said:> Wow. That was like the skeleton/death meditation except it's for the living!!! :awesome: That was beautiful and fun to watch!!

I'd like to show it to the Westboro Baptists... ;)

WalkerlobsterKennethVastmind
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Amore: that was soooo uncalled for....
    Can you choose another name to go by?
    Mine, from now on, will be @Rightspeech....

lobsterKennethShoshinHamsaka
  • KennethKenneth Veteran

@Amore, as someone with 3 gay/lesbian loved ones in my extended family, I must say I don't see any "inconvenient truths" in your post, only unfortunate assertions.

Metta

lobsterShoshin

Okay, who brought the new kid?

@SpinyNorman said:
    I'd like to show it to the Westboro Baptists... ;)

Sadly, I don't think it would work. People that extreme just don't get it. Aren't trying to get it, either.

KennethShoshinBuddhadragonlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

... fellow perverts ... Perhaps we can redirect our bones to those evil murdering God worshipping infidels the Jews Americans British imperialists very wikid Islamists?

WHAT CAN I DO, MUSLIMS?
    BY JALAL AL-DIN RUMI

I am not from east or west, not from land or sea,
    not from the shafts of nature
    nor from the spheres of the firmament,
    not of the earth, not of water, not of air, not of fire. ...

I am not from the world, not from beyond,
    not from heaven and not from hell. ...

My place is placeless, my trace is traceless,
    no body, no soul, I am from the soul of souls.
    I have chased out duality, lived the two worlds as one

... and now back to Amore ...

silverTheswingisyellow
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Vastmind said: Sadly, I don't think it would work. People that extreme just don't get it. Aren't trying to get it, either.

Yeah, it's a shame. I find religious homophobia particularly distasteful.

lobsterShoshinajhayes
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2015

Should we have compassion for the hinayanaphobic, islamaphobic, heterophobic, lexicallay challenged?

Personally as a Narcissistic Hinayanist I only love the deserving [that would be me incidentally] o:)

edited June 2015

In all fairness (not to throw the baby out in the bath water) @Amore’s remarks about LGBTQI people suffering from an high rate of mental illness is a valid point…

Depression, stress, suicidal thoughts, and sadly an exceptionally high suicide rate (especially amongst the youth and extremely high amongst those who identify as transgender)…This takes its toll both mentally and physically...Hence the high number under mental health...

They suffer verbal & physical abuse, ie bullying (many on a daily bases fear for their lives) disownment by their families is common…Drugs & alcohol become comfort zones..

So it’s possible what @Amore was trying to say(in a roundabout kinda way- no doubt heavily ‘conditioned’ by the environment in which @Amore lives) was that LGBTQI people suffer a lot and due to having to live a closeted life for fear of persecution-(in some countries execution) take many risks…

I do stress not all members of the LGBTQI community have to run a daily gauntlet of verbal and physical abuse, some are fortunate enough to live in environment where love is love no conditions attached...but sadly a high percentage do....

I guess we Buddhists come in all shapes and sizes.... Some conditioned by Homophobia...Transphobia...Xenophobia ...(just to name a few)

It's a journey of discovery & recovery....

"Inside or outside your self , you never have to change what you see...Only the way you see it !"

WalkerHamsaka
  • robotrobot Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    In all fairness (not to throw the baby out in the bath water) Amore’s remarks about LGBTQI people suffering from an high rate of mental illness is a valid point…

Depression, stress, suicidal thoughts, and sadly an exceptionally high suicide rate (especially amongst the youth and extremely high amongst those who identify as transgender)…This takes its toll both mentally and physically...Hence the high number under mental health...

>

Fair enough, and I could easily accept that if it weren't for the first two lines in the post.

KennethShoshinWalker

@robot said:
    Fair enough, and I could easily accept that if it weren't for the first two lines in the post.

@Amore said:

True @robot, It would seem ignorance did cloud @Amore's understanding and compassion somewhat, possibly allowing homophobic conditioning to bubble to the surface...Sadly some bring this sort of baggage with them on their journey ....It may take some a life time to learn to just drop it

lobster
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran

Can anyone give us some statistics of weirdos? Autistics, bisexuals, gays, schizophrenics, nazis, pedophiles, masochists, meat eaters, shoe fetishits, and the list goes on.

@Pöljä said:
    Can anyone give us some statistics of weirdos?

Everybody's somebody else's weirdo....The human race :)

Walkersilver
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Pöljä said:
    Can anyone give us some statistics of weirdos? Autistics, bisexuals, gays, schizophrenics, nazis, pedophiles, masochists, meat eaters, shoe fetishits, and the list goes on.

What statistics are you looking for, exactly?
    And do you fit any of the above criteria?

Personally I think @Polja is just adding a little harmless sarcasm to the mix...But it might be best if @Polja explained what was meant by it....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2015

Yeah, I guessed he was being ironic.... hence my question about which criteria he feels he fits.

Personally, I'm in 'the list goes on' criterion.... :D

Shoshin
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited June 2015

Bootiful!

I am in love yet again...

Thank you @shoshin xxx

Shoshin
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran

Autistic, yes. I have told it several times in this forum. And besides that... :) No, I'm not gay, even not a closet one. I'm not so socially medially cute. And I'm not a voyeur of other peoples lives.

Everyone of us has a smaller or bigger racist inside, although in principle Buddhists are free of hate and prejudice. Everyone of us do want to HATE some other groups of people, different people, or even innocent creatures, like gerberas :o

In Finland (and Sweden) drug users are stigmatised really heavily. You are a disgusting junkie if you dare to say that alcohol is more harmful than cannabis. And on the other hand, you are a rigorous moralist if you don't want to drink with others. People are so fun... <3

lobster
    edited June 2015

@Pöljä said:
    Autistic, yes. I have told it several times in this forum. And besides that... :) No, I'm not gay, even not a closet one. I'm not so socially medially cute. And I'm not a voyeur of other peoples lives.

Everyone of us has a smaller or bigger racist inside, although in principle Buddhists are free of hate and prejudice. Everyone of us do want to HATE some other groups of people, different people, or even innocent creatures, like gerberas :o

Personally I don't think that this is always the case @Polja , hate is such a strong term to use... People can feel 'uncomfortable' around certain people, but I don't think that we 'all' want to hate other groups of people because they might differ from us...

When I quoted this quote "Everybody's somebody else's weirdo" it just about sums up humanity....

Thank you for clarifying....

I don't think any of us WANT to Hate, at all. I would actually opine that we are striving to eliminate the negative traits prevalent in society and humans, and instead encourage and cultivate the more appropriate and positive ones.

Why, Polja, who do you WANT to HATE....?

(gerberas are flowers......)

lobster

I would like to take some time out here qualify my own thoughts:

My wife is a big LGBT (add your deviant behaviour as an abbreviated letter addendum if you feel you need to) supporter; and I have come to understand something which is really quite simple: we exist because we relate to others - if that means you are attracted to the same sex it's really not a problem in Western society these days; similarly if you have 'changed sex' and relate to some person who appreciates that change - it's not a problem!

I am unable to define other sexual behaviours as I have no experience of them, but if you think your deviant behaviour allows you to assault or restrict another persons right to be who they are: THEN DIE DIE DIE, you weird beast!

No I don't really mean that, but that would be my preferred option, but if you're so sick in the mind that you believe you can justify such thoughts (that lead to such actions) then your actions will be adjudicated by the rest of society!

PRISON sentence as long as possible - thats it (worth it?)

• ToshTosh Veteran

@Amore said:

I'm heterosexual and have a mental illness (I'm an alcoholic (now recovered)), I have had a test for Aids (clear), and I have practised all kinds of unsafe sex with the opposite sex and have had a few STDs, genital lice, and penile warts (which wasn't fun at all).

So stuff like this isn't limited to gays.

I also understand that the absolute safest sex is lesbian sex.

Sorry to be the one to point out those inconvenient truths which blows your prejudices out of the water.

lobsterWalkerShoshin
    edited June 2015

Amore's last posting was on the 11th.

(Given that the IP number places him/her somewhere in Utah, it may not be so surprising that s/he expresses such an attitude...
    I doubt very much s/he will be back.....

I could be wrong....

lobster

Then perhaps a close the thread option is a moderator option?

although I think the thread has something left in it...

however i love the opening video - i'm sending it out to peopl all the time!

so please don't close!

it is so beautiful!

I can't change ...

it keeps me warm...

love has no race or age limit!

love is love

i'm not crying - I'm in tears!

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I think hate is best saved for paper cuts, the smell of cat pee... That kind of thing.

ZenshinlobsterShoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

The heart grows bigger. I love that.

Hate to say it though ...

Shoshin

The intention of the OP was not to single out and promote the LGBTQI plight, (of which BTW I'm a strong advocate/supporter) , when I first saw it,(it was on a friend's FB page) I was just taken by what a beautiful way to show people that when striped to the bone we accept that love is love in equal measures, but when the rest of the baggage ie skin & flesh, race, religion, disability, sexuality & gender etc are added to the mix, ones attitude might change and habitual tendencies likes and dislikes often kick it...(just look at the surprise on some of the faces of the people who were watching it, and how their minds must quickly start to re-evaluate what was seen via the ever presuming eye consciousness )...

Understandably at first some members may have had feelings of disgust (an aversion) when watching the clip, (after all we live in a predominately heteronormative society where boy meets girl falls in love etc etc ) and if the members happen to be an 0 on the so called Kinsey scale then seeing two females or two males kissing might well be a shock to the system... (mind you I guess it can also make those deep in the closet a little uncomfortable to)

Anyhow...for those who appreciate the message of "Love is blind" as I did- I'm happy that you did, and for those for whom it made a little uncomfortable I'm happy for you too, stepping outside of ones comfort zone is also part & parcel of the path...(for me it is anyway)

BTW It never occurred to me that it was as @Amore so colourfully put it ' a homosexual marketing video' I naively saw it as a beautifully put together food for thought clip of love and its 'diversity' and our "biases" so I would like to thank @Amore for bringing this to my attention,

May we all love and be loved

lobsterDavid

@anataman said:
    Then perhaps a close the thread option is a moderator option?

although I think the thread has something left in it...

Why would I close it? It's not Amore's thread.... they just made one comment - two, in the total time they visited... Threads are closed when they begin to border on the ridiculous.... some threads are sunk..... others just disappear as a matter of course, once that topic loses impetus and others arise....

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited June 2015

You should be used to the debate style in which an opponent provoke and you have to defend yor own views (without naming the opponent as an idiot etc.)

I'm very liberal love and peace greenred quy. I have even lived with a gay who was not so liberal. And my heterosexuality seemed to be a little problem for him. No need to really hate anyone, not even my stepfather who beat me when I was a child.

We are still the same animal species that developed in Africa about 200 000 + years ago. We still have the same instincts that have caused most wars. (There are chimpanzee societies that have had decades lasting war-like situations with each other). Politics... Ride your and your groups benefit. Name your enemy. I think Buddhism has had a major impact on the cultural evolution, but there's still a long way to go.

federica: I do know gerberas are plants in the Asteraceae family (I'm a biologist). You mention in the word association thread that you hate them, and everything written in this forum should be taken extremely seriously :)

lobster
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran

(I'm along the same line with you all: do anything you wanna do - but don't hurt the others.)

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2015

^^^ good post @Pöljä

Dharma debate is easy when everyone is confirming their bias.
    Yes Buddhists are ... and we all ... and our teachers are ...

Pah! Wait till the cranky arrive, those speaking other political, culinary, dharma tongues etc.

Buddha forbid a homophobe from the hell realms should come amongst us holier than thou ones ... O.o

... however we all have our rough edges or claws growing out of our heads in my case >:)

But with time and patience we might welcome the hard, demonic, ignorant cases. Give them a good dharmic and righteous kicking and send them on their way suitably chastised ... or perhaps the occasional pet hater can be tolerated a bit longer? ;)

@ferderica as main moderator gets the balance right IMHO - it ain't easy ...

And now back to peace and amore .... <3

Pöljä
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran

The cultural evolution is a soup (mmmm...) in which Buddhism is one, still major, ingredient. Monocultures and homogenic gene pools are doomed for destruction, so diversity is needed. A diversity of different people, including those who want to rock the boat. There's a place for the rockers in the human evolution <3

lobsterShoshinanataman
    edited June 2015

read and re-read the thread, and misunderstanding abounds within it - be free to do what you want!

edited June 2015

we can look at it in another way:

Ah that makes more sense does it not?

edited June 2015

But is it love or just mad soup dragons?

You decide...

edited June 2015

Or something else to think about: