Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your Astrology Signs

What is your astrological sign, and, do you relate to it? For those who are into astrology, what are all your planet signs, and which of them do you relate most to? Also, do you have any favourite placements in your chart?

For anyone who wants a free full birth chart you can use this website: http://www.chaosastrology.net/freeastrologyreports.cfm

I am a Virgo Sun, which means I am quite modest (although I am still amazing), reserved, shy etc. However, I have both Sagittarius Moon and Ascendant, which conflicts heavily with my Virgo Sun, and which means I can appear to be the most out-going and fun person at some times and quite shy, retiring and quiet at others.

I also have Mars in Scorpio, which, according to http://mychristianpsychic.com/journal/the-ten-most-rocking-best-astrological-placements/ means I 'vibe sex' haha, and also I have Moon trine Venus which means I have 'incredible charm'. ;)

Earthninja

Comments

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Hi @mindatrisk This has been asked in the not too distant past. Link here. =)

lobster
  • @Walker said:
    Hi mindatrisk This has been asked in the not too distant past. Link here. =)

Indeed, but not deep enough. Much more to it than the sun sign. Thank you, though, i'll enjoy reading through that, figuring everyone out, then judging them. :)

Earthninjalobstersilverkarasti
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Hahaha

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My sign says loadabollax.... :proud:

WalkerZenshinvinlyn
  • @federica said:

I think if you had a proper, full birth chart done and you read it with an honest, reasonable mind then you'd be surprised. I was once skeptical, but as soon I found out I had a sex vibe and an incredible charm I was convinced.

silverlobsterBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, I watched Derren Brown demolish any possible credibility Horoscopes and charts had, by actually interviewing 24 different people, with 12 different zodiac signs, (one M, one F) and after they had all filled in a questionnaire, and sat through a personal one-to-one, F2F grilling, he presented them all with their individual profiles.
    Some of them were so uncannily close to the truth, a couple of the girls were very emotional.
    The guys were stupefied.... this was an amazing profile for all of them, and they were astounded at the extraordinary accuracy of their readings.

Until they realised that they all had precisely the same, identical profile.

lobster
  • mockeymindmockeymind Veteran
    edited June 2015

@mindatrisk -I think if you had a proper, full birth chart done and you read it with an honest, reasonable mind then you'd be surprised. I was once skeptical, but as soon I found out I had a sex vibe and an incredible charm I was convinced.

Is this a form of attachment? trying to live not in the present moment- hoping that the future is better than the here and now? As Ajahn Chac said - everything is uncertain - impermanence and unstable.

• @federica said:
    Well, I watched Derren Brown demolish any possible credibility Horoscopes and charts had, by actually interviewing 24 different people, with 12 different zodiac signs, (one M, one F) and after they had all filled in a questionnaire, and sat through a personal one-to-one, F2F grilling, he presented them all with their individual profiles.
    Some of them were so uncannily close to the truth, a couple of the girls were very emotional.
    The guys were stupefied.... this was an amazing profile for all of them, and they were astounded at the extraordinary accuracy of their readings.

Until they realised that they all had precisely the same, identical profile.

Yeah i've seen that but there were two points I had in response at the time, of which I remember only one, and that is that your relation to your birth chart depends upon your own self-knowledge. Now, i've been investigating myself for many, many years now and i'm still surprised at what I continue to discover and the immense nuance and subtlety within me... endless lifetimes, endless karma. I don't want to make any broad assumptions about others, but I suspect that a lot of those people in that study had done little investigation into themselves, let alone the degree needed to recognise and identify with certain traits depicted. If you feel that you have a decent degree of self-knowledge, and you apply your honest, critical mind, then i'm fairly certain your mind might be changed... at least enough to investigate further.

silver

No, that's the point. They were all pretty confident they 'knew themselves' which is why they related so quickly to the various qualities and flaws presented in "their profiles". They all deemed these profiles to be uncannily accurate, and very insightful.
    They kept saying things like "Oh my god, he's read me so well!" and ""Yesss! That's exactly what I do!" "That's precisely what I'm like!"

They were all absolutely confident - and convinced - that he had used some extreme deep gift to reveal their true inner selves and read them all like a book. He had absolutely nailed their own self-perception.
    In fact, one guy, as I recall, stated as he read "his" profile, "Jesus, I could have written all this myself.... wow...."

@mindatrisk
    You've been investigating yourself for many years and have noticed different things at different times. You're impermanent, you have a different outlook on life at different times, right? You notice different traits that you exhibit at different times, right?

How does the position of stars and planets at your time of birth relate to that?

• @Walker said:
    mindatrisk
    You've been investigating yourself for many years and have noticed different things at different times. You're impermanent, you have a different outlook on life at different times, right? You notice different traits that you exhibit at different times, right?

How does the position of stars and planets at your time of birth relate to that?

Good questions. I'd say that I notice different things about myself due to different circumstances bringing those traits out in me, I'd say I notice different things about me now that i'm looking. I'd say that, having been prompted by my astrological birth chart, I now see things I did not see before. As far as I understand our birth chart, it's a blueprint of who we are - determined by our karma - and is one component of many that make up our being. But I don't know too much about it. My suggestion would always be to have a good birth chart reading done and then judge yourself.

silver
  • @federica said:
    No, that's the point. They were all pretty confident they 'knew themselves' which is why they related so quickly to the various qualities and flaws presented in "their profiles". They all deemed these profiles to be uncannily accurate, and very insightful.
    They kept saying things like "Oh my god, he's read me so well!" and ""Yesss! That's exactly what I do!" "That's precisely what I'm like!"

They were all absolutely confident - and convinced - that he had used some extreme deep gift to reveal their true inner selves and read them all like a book. He had absolutely nailed their own self-perception.
    In fact, one guy, as I recall, stated as he read "his" profile, "Jesus, I could have written all this myself.... wow...."

Hmmm. Well, it's not a point that can be argued. I suspect most people would say that they 'know themselves'. If i'd been asked when I was 21 if I 'knew myself' i'd have very confidently said I did... now, however, looking back, it is clear that I didn't, or at least not to a large degree. I mean, it comes down to details. When I was 21 I knew I had a short temper, I knew that I thought eating animals was wrong, I knew that I wanted to change the world... and so on. Because I knew all these things but didn't know what I was yet to know then I presumed I knew myself. I would maintain that most of those people did not know themselves - at least not to the degree to get the most out of a birth chart. But I accept your point completely that there are many psychological problems involved too that muddy the waters.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I find astrology interesting and I like it...but I think that it's like anything else, in that it should be examined with a critical eye. I think it can be used just in the general examination of one's own self, personality, tendencies, etc., to sharpen one's focus about our own strengths and weaknesses.
    :star:

I know enough about myself to appreciate that generally, I'm ok with the girl in the mirror.

The Buddha discussed the pitfalls of personal identification.
    How do charts help us progress, if actually what we need to do is to drop the attachment to self/Not-self?

• @federica said:
    I know enough about myself to appreciate that generally, I'm ok with the girl in the mirror.

The Buddha discussed the pitfalls of personal identification.
    How do charts help us progress, if actually what we need to do is to drop the attachment to self/Not-self?

That's a really good question, and I suppose it depends on where we find ourselves on this very long path. Me knowing myself better has allowed me to develop myself ethically (which is obviously helpful grounding for deeper practices) and it also gave me much needed confidence in myself when I lacked it, because there were good things in my chart too, which amazed me, because I had very low self esteem when I was younger. Again, that brings up psychological issues, and it is very complex, but i've found it helpful and interesting on my own path. I agree, though, like everything else, at some point it needs to be dropped, and I guess i'm just not there yet.

• I did try the link given, and it was indeed very very close.......but not exact. Many things were freakishly spot on but some were not. It really makes you wonder if its a Psychology thing, or something more. It would be interesting to try 2 people with very similar birth dates and such and compare the results.

I do believe that its intended as more a self help type of concept, to make people aware of their qualities, and recognize like the planets and the signs that they are all different but still greatly affect each other. Also i think it helps with peoples self esteem, helps to see how other people might see them and such.

I would really encourage anybody to try the link and see what they think of it. Its very interesting.

• @jhodgeyj said:
    I did try the link given, and it was indeed very very close.......but not exact. Many things were freakishly spot on but some were not. It really makes you wonder if its a Psychology thing, or something more. It would be interesting to try 2 people with very similar birth dates and such and compare the results.

I do believe that its intended as more a self help type of concept, to make people aware of their qualities, and recognize like the planets and the signs that they are all different but still greatly affect each other. Also i think it helps with peoples self esteem, helps to see how other people might see them and such.

I would really encourage anybody to try the link and see what they think of it. Its very interesting.

A few things to note. What you used was a computer generated program... a good one, but you get what you pay for in life, so that was, ultimately, low end. The second thing to consider is that aspects and traits within your birth chart have varying degrees of strength. Some traits are very faint, and you simply may never have recognised them in yourself, whilst others are stronger and much more obvious.

• Lol thats a good point about the computer thing. It was definitely the best free horoscope type deal Ive ever seen. It would be interesting to get a "real" reading but unfortunately financially its "just not in the cards..."

• @jhodgeyj said:
    Lol thats a good point about the computer thing. It was definitely the best free horoscope type deal Ive ever seen. It would be interesting to get a "real" reading but unfortunately financially its "just not in the cards..."

If you ever can then i'd recommend buying one from Liz Greene here...

http://www.astrology.co.uk/LizG.htm

Best i've had.

Interesting you mention psychology @mindatrisk I wonder how much the subconscious mind comes into all this. What I mean is how much of this is self-fulfilling?

Similarly, when someone is told 'You're so much like so-&-so' how much does their subconscious pick up on that?

• @Walker said:
    Interesting you mention psychology mindatrisk I wonder how much the subconscious mind comes into all this. What I mean is how much of this is self-fulfilling?

Similarly, when someone is told 'You're so much like so-&-so' how much does their subconscious pick up on that?

Have you had a chart done? Give it a go, if not. There are definitely psychological elements at play, but then that applies to all of life, and I can't deny how many frequent, specific details matched up. Do a chart in the link above and see what you think. My favourite end detail was in my Dad's chart which said that he'd likely work at sea... and he had done for 27 years of his career! That is a very specific detail.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I've had a charting pro bono, and as a Virgo - i realise i've vir-gone!

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I prefer Chinese Astrology, but I'm a Scorpio in the Western zodiac.
    I have some ambivalent feelings about astrology in general, though.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited June 2015

Like science is today, astrology was tomorrow.

YES I agree we are affected by everything else around us, but to imply that 1/12 of us will have a destiny determined by a star-sign is ridiculous and ludicrous! Refer to the etymology of both words to determine my true feelings...

I don't want to offend you directly but believing Astrology Signs determine your fate are like me predicting that there is a 1:12 chance that you will never contribute to NB again...

I await your response?

And in honour of your potential response :lol:

I can categorically say a negative one will vindicate me!

I can also say a any other response will result in an absurd conversation, unless you can rescue yours views with a response that blows logic and belief way out of its foundations...

...\lol/...

• DaozenDaozen Veteran

@mindatrisk said:
    I am a Virgo Sun, which means I am quite modest (although I am still amazing), reserved, shy etc. However, [...] I can appear to be the most out-going and fun person at some times and quite shy, retiring and quiet at others.

In other words, you are a normal human being who has no fixed "type". Instead, you are a constantly changing mixture of personality features that express themselves in different ways at different times, depending on the causes and conditions influencing you at that time.

Sorry to be blunt, but astrology is 100% hocus.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I find them fun, like I find tarot and ouija fun. But I don't put much (any) weight on them as far as predicting my life. Honestly, I wish I had kept notes over the years. I've had my birth chart done more than once, and I wish I had journaled my reaction to what was right and wrong 15 years ago versus now. My chart might have been exactly the same, but I bet my reaction was entirely different based on what was happening in my life at the time. I actually have a friend who does charts, and she drew me a beautiful drawing of my chart along with a writeup in exchange for some things I helped her with. It was fun and fascinating. But I put about as much weight into them as far as their control over my life as I put on the FB quizzes I take who will tell me who my soulmate is in 8 questions such as "which tree do you like the best?"

Sun in sagitarrius (per the link you sent)
    Moon in Aries

Some of the thinsg skimming through that are (and in some cases always have been) untrue about me:
    It says I am an excellent and foreceful speaker, extroverted, someone who speaks her mind and is open and frank. I am none of those things. Nothing causes me more anxiety than public speaking. I can write fairly well, but speaking is another matter. I'm very quiet and very secretive. I am not open and frank whatsoever, and I'm very introverted. Says I should have a career when I can lead and take charge. No thanks. I've been told that before, and tried it. It never works out. I don't like to be the boss. I don't want that responsibility. Says I would do well in imagination-based pursuits-philosophy, poetry, art. LOL. No. I do not like poetry and almost failed philosophy (my final paper was supposed to be about good versus evil and I argued that neither existed. My teacher didn't like my argument). Says I like drugs. Um, no. I don't even like to take advil. Says I am bold, assertive and combative. Not true at all. Attention getting and impulsive? Hardly!

Some of the things that were true:
    I am very physical and active and must have a physical outlet. I am emotionally independent and prefer a spartan way of living, I have an extreme sense of responsibility and doing things right (which often gets me in trouble, lol), I couldn't care less what others think of me. I like open and broad minded people, I like to travel and I am sports-minded. There are many mentions of communication, which I agree with, but not verbally. For the novel-length posts I write here and on FB, I am very quiet in person. Caring for myself and others is my primary way of growth and transformation. I face recurring fears and anxieties, and am shy and private. Need seclusion to recharge emotionally.

But, I bet had I read this same thing 20 years ago, a lot of it would have been reversed.

• DaozenDaozen Veteran
    edited June 2015

@karasti said:
    Some of the things that are untrue about me:
    But, I bet had I read this same thing 20 years ago, a lot of it would have been reversed.

Exactly. In other words, no better than random.

My favourite debunking of astrology was done by Derren Brown. He basically told a bunch of people he had done their astrology chart based on their birthdate and place, and gave them a 3-4 page "personal profile" he had written based on their chart. They all raved at how incredibly true and insighful their profile was. The punchline was that everyone had been given exactly the same profile.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I don't know much about Western astrology, but I find Chinese astrology pretty amazing.
    Especially, the compatibility signs.
    Among my friends and acquaintances, those who get on well, correspond to the triangle of affinity as described.

• DaozenDaozen Veteran

@DhammaDragon I'd say that's because of the effect described above (i.e. it always seems to work, because the language it is written in makes it so).

AFAIK Chinese astrology has the same rational basis as Western astrology, i.e. none.

They just use different language (chi and what not) instead of astral vibes and so on.

• @anataman said:
    Like science is today, astrology was tomorrow.

YES I agree we are affected by everything else around us, but to imply that 1/12 of us will have a destiny determined by a star-sign is ridiculous and ludicrous! Refer to the etymology of both words to determine my true feelings...

I don't want to offend you directly but believing Astrology Signs determine your fate are like me predicting that there is a 1:12 chance that you will never contribute to NB again...

I await your response?

And in honour of your potential response :lol:

I can categorically say a negative one will vindicate me!

I can also say a any other response will result in an absurd conversation, unless you can rescue yours views with a response that blows logic and belief way out of its foundations...

...\lol/...

This was a bit of a weird way to introduce yourself into a discussion! But fair enough. There is more to astrology than your sun sign. There are not 7 billion people sharing 12 destinies. Your chart is influence by the placement of all the planets... plus much more. It's incredibly complex. There's a link in the opening post. Get your birth chart done and you'll have some insight into what a chart looks like and what it covers. For example, the placement of Mercury determines your mental capabilities, whilst the placement of the Moon determines your emotional drives. And so on.

Also, astrology doesn't determine your fate. Astrology impels, it doesn't compel. You have free-will and your chart doesn't bind you to anything, it merely shows how you are likely to behave, respond, think etc.

I think the fairest, most reasonable way to proceed is for you to have your chart done (there's a link in the opening post), have an honest, critical read through it, and then we can continue talking. Otherwise - as demonstrated in your post - you are not talking from an informed position and that makes a meaningful discussion difficult.

• @Daozen said:
    Sorry to be blunt, but astrology is 100% hocus.

Blunt is okay. Have you had a chart done? There's a link in the opening post. It will provide you with a deep analysis of your chart as well as relevant information about astrology and all the placements etc. If you read your chart honestly and critically and you still maintain that it is 100% hocus then I think that is reasonable. As it stands, I don't think you are in a position to judge honestly.

• @karasti said:
    I find them fun, like I find tarot and ouija fun. But I don't put much (any) weight on them as far as predicting my life. Honestly, I wish I had kept notes over the years. I've had my birth chart done more than once, and I wish I had journaled my reaction to what was right and wrong 15 years ago versus now. My chart might have been exactly the same, but I bet my reaction was entirely different based on what was happening in my life at the time. I actually have a friend who does charts, and she drew me a beautiful drawing of my chart along with a writeup in exchange for some things I helped her with. It was fun and fascinating. But I put about as much weight into them as far as their control over my life as I put on the FB quizzes I take who will tell me who my soulmate is in 8 questions such as "which tree do you like the best?"

Sun in sagitarrius (per the link you sent)
    Moon in Aries

Some of the thinsg skimming through that are (and in some cases always have been) untrue about me:
    It says I am an excellent and foreceful speaker, extroverted, someone who speaks her mind and is open and frank. I am none of those things. Nothing causes me more anxiety than public speaking. I can write fairly well, but speaking is another matter. I'm very quiet and very secretive. I am not open and frank whatsoever, and I'm very introverted. Says I should have a career when I can lead and take charge. No thanks. I've been told that before, and tried it. It never works out. I don't like to be the boss. I don't want that responsibility. Says I would do well in imagination-based pursuits-philosophy, poetry, art. LOL. No. I do not like poetry and almost failed philosophy (my final paper was supposed to be about good versus evil and I argued that neither existed. My teacher didn't like my argument). Says I like drugs. Um, no. I don't even like to take advil. Says I am bold, assertive and combative. Not true at all. Attention getting and impulsive? Hardly!

I am very physical and active and must have a physical outlet. I am emotionally independent and prefer a spartan way of living, I have an extreme sense of responsibility and doing things right (which often gets me in trouble, lol), I couldn't care less what others think of me. I like open and broad minded people, I like to travel and I am sports-minded. There are many mentions of communication, which I agree with, but not verbally. For the novel-length posts I write here and on FB, I am very quiet in person. Caring for myself and others is my primary way of growth and transformation. I face recurring fears and anxieties, and am shy and private. Need seclusion to recharge emotionally.

There are a few things to consider (i'm sure you understand these but for the benefit of others):

1. Some placements are stronger than others. The chart in the opening link doesn't take that into account, so some of the things it said you would be, actually, in a more detailed chart would be shown to be very weak traits in your psyche.
    2. You are not chained to your chart and there are many, many other factors in life. Your chart is a blueprint, it doesn't factor in all the nurture factors involved in being alive. You might be a forceful speaker etc. but certain experiences in life may have reduced your confidence and left you anxious around speaking, for example.
    3. How well do you know yourself? Have you experienced all situations in life that might require certain traits be expressed? I know myself better than I did when I was 21 but I'm sure i'll know myself better when i'm 50, as life experiences will have drawn out of me certain traits. I can also say that as I have grown more confident I have begun to recognise the traits suggested. We can't underestimate the power of low self-esteem to distort our self perception. If ten years ago i'd read that I have 'charm' with women let alone 'incredible charm' then i'd have considered that ludicrous and nothing further from the truth. But as i've become more confident I can see that I do have a nice charm with women... Two factors there: 1. Low confidence inhibits our expression of ourselves 2. Low confidence distorts how we see things.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica said:

Indeed. Buddha said the same.
    http://www.bbncommunity.com/buddha-astrology/

Weather prediction is difficult. We don't use astrology. The stock exchange is unpredictable. We don't use astrobunkum. Life is hard. Ask any astrodollarist.

And now back to the predictable ... :p

• DaozenDaozen Veteran

@mindatrisk said:
    Blunt is okay. Have you had a chart done? There's a link in the opening post. It will provide you with a deep analysis of your chart as well as relevant information about astrology and all the placements etc. If you read your chart honestly and critically and you still maintain that it is 100% hocus then I think that is reasonable. As it stands, I don't think you are in a position to judge honestly.

If someone claims they have invented a perpetual motion machine, then I don't need to check out their website to make my claim more or less true. The truth - that you can't invent such a machine, and likewise, that astrology is hocus - is based on logic and physics.

However, just for fun, I did the chart as you suggested. And the results were as I expected. My "personal astrological chart" clocks in at over 7000 words, and contains within it so many generic descriptions that it literally could apply to everyone, whilst also contradicting itself: I am "down to earth" yet also "mystical", "larger than life" yet also "super sensitive", "confident" yet I crave "privacy". And naturally, I have "a marked tendency to re-make or re-mold oneself every so often." Just like every human who ever lived. It is 100% standard hocus.

Vastmind
  • @Daozen said:
    However, just for fun, I did the chart as you suggested. And the results were as I expected. My "personal astrological chart" clocks in at over 7000 words, and contains within it so many generic descriptions that it literally could apply to everyone, whilst also contradicting itself: I am "down to earth" yet also "mystical", "larger than life" yet also "super sensitive", "confident" yet I crave "privacy". And naturally, I have "a marked tendency to re-make or re-mold oneself every so often." Just like every human who ever lived. It is 100% standard hocus.

Okay. You did the chart so you are at least informed. :)

lobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

The distances to the planets are literally astronomical, and I can't see any way that their position could influence anything here on earth. If there is any correlation between personality and date of birth then IMO the connections is much more likely to be found here on earth, maybe seasonal magnetic variations or something, who knows.

• @SpinyNorman said:
    The distances to the planets are literally astronomical, and I can't see any way that their position could influence anything here on earth. If there is any correlation between personality and date of birth then IMO the connections is much more likely to be found here on earth, maybe seasonal magnetic variations or something, who knows.

Yeah I don't know either, but then I don't have awareness or understanding of the entire universe. I'm just in no position to speculate on what is or isn't possible in the universe.

@mindatrisk said:
    Okay. You did the chart so you are at least informed. :)

How can he be informed, if he already knew the information....? :confounded:

I did the chart and I would say it's about 25% accurate.
    But then, several stabs in the dark are bound to hit something at some point....

I think we can safely say that the general consensus of opinion is, "No thanks, you can keep it, it'a ll pretty much speculation and really counter-productive...."

• @federica said:
    How can he be informed, if he already knew the information....? :confounded:

I just didn't think he could be informed about astrological birth charts without looking at one.

• @federica said:
    I did the chart and I would say it's about 25% accurate.
    But then, several stabs in the dark are bound to hit something at some point....

I think we can safely say that the general consensus of opinion is, "No thanks, you can keep it, it'a ll pretty much speculation and really counter-productive...."

I still like it.

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Here's my viewpoint, for what it's worth:

If @mindatrisk enjoys astrology, so be it. To be honest, it's just as realistic as dozens of representations I've seen of Buddhist cosmology. Man has always attempted to put structure to the unknown, whether it be astrology or Buddhist cosmology, or the Mayan universe.

lobsterVastmindBuddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

^^^ I luvs my flying spegghetti monster and Tara the Buddha babe ... I does ... :)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited June 2015

Buddhist or otherwise...I don't buy it. Predicting the future?? Like it's said above...we can barely predict the weather right...hahaha. Also said before...it's always very generic terms that fit everybody and anybody. I'll let you have it. Have fun. Reminds me of slot machines.

Predicting the future is just an entertaining way to pass the present.

• @Vastmind said:
    Buddhist or otherwise...I don't buy it. Predicting the future?? Like it's said above...we can barely predict the weather right...hahaha. Also said before...it's always very generic terms that fit everybody and anybody. I'll let you have it. Have fun. Reminds me of slot machines.

Predicting the future is just an entertaining way to pass the present.

Birth charts aren't predicting the future, that's horoscopes. Your birth chart is a description of who you are.

• @vinlyn said:
    Here's my viewpoint, for what it's worth:

If mindatrisk enjoys astrology, so be it. To be honest, it's just as realistic as dozens of representations I've seen of Buddhist cosmology. Man has always attempted to put structure to the unknown, whether it be astrology or Buddhist cosmology, or the Mayan universe.

Very reasonable, generous view. Thanks.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@mindatrisk said:> Birth charts aren't predicting the future, that's horoscopes. Your birth chart is a description of who you are.

If you want to know who are, then meditation and mindfulness are far more reliable.

• @SpinyNorman said:

I agree, but since I find astrology helpful I get to benefit from both. :)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited June 2015

@mindatrisk said:
    Birth charts aren't predicting the future, that's horoscopes. Your birth chart is a description of who you are.

Oh, Ok...my bad.

How can it know what kind of traits/habits I developed bec of conditions and enviroment growing up? It's still predicting though, right? Not the future now...but the future back then. If you were born on ...then you will/do have these things about you....still sounds the same.

• @Vastmind said:

It doesn't. It's a blueprint of who you are, not who you are. Some astrologers say that it is a reflection of our karma. It's a starting point and it has influence, but there are also many other factors in life that add to your being. I've listed a few in previous posts. Ultimately, how strongly you relate to your blueprint depends upon how true you have been / have been able to be to yourself. I don't think there are many people who have been able to be true to themselves. Our society doesn't support that. Even from childhood we are coerced, pressured, bullied into conforming from numerous sources, so it's not surprising that some people will look at parts of their blueprint and not recognise it. There are also other factors as to why people wouldn't recognise themselves in their chart.