Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your Astrology Signs

2»

Comments

• In relation to Buddhism, if astrology is true we still have the problem that we are so riddled with delusion and ignorance that we really aren't fit to judge the merits / reality of astrology. Even on a basic level, those who are skeptical about astrology will automatically colour their investigation to meet their bias. I think that can be seen in this thread... those who have approached with a not-so-sure mind have been surprised by their birth chart, whereas those who have been absolutely skeptical have remained so. Obviously there is more to it than that, but it is one factor.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

'True to themselves'? 'Recognizing the blue print'?

I'm not even going to touch on those gems. I'll see you around...have a good one.....

• @Vastmind said:
    'True to themselves'? 'Recognizing the blue print'?

I'm not even going to touch on those gems. I'll see you around...have a good one.....

No worries. Thanks for contributing. :)

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

@mindatrisk said:
    Blunt is okay. Have you had a chart done? There's a link in the opening post. It will provide you with a deep analysis of your chart as well as relevant information about astrology and all the placements etc. If you read your chart honestly and critically and you still maintain that it is 100% hocus then I think that is reasonable. As it stands, I don't think you are in a position to judge honestly.

I've had my chart done (much to my dismay, and i'm not going to get it done again - wait: if the predictions are different, then it's all relative) - I'm a virgo and a pedant (probably because something has arisen in mars and venus can't cope with it!) and I know I can't be predicted in the way you seem to prescribe... It's not me! but if it's you - that's ok with me! be determined by STAR SIGNS - that's what modern society seems to be doing any way (now trade the word STAR with CELEBRITY)... QED

What has this thread got to do with buddhism anyway?

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited June 2015

Oh BTW I am the JUDGE in my life!

So - if you don't agree with my judgement, go to the SUPREME COURT... Which is where I will probably make a rational judgement of the irrationality of all the other judgements around me...

...\lol/...

Don't take me too seriously (although I am looking over my spectacles at you right now)

HOCUS POCUS - it's all the same thing!

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

@SpinyNorman It's interesting, more and more studies are done to see how those things influence us. This was from last week, for example (and of course it specifies that people shouldn't worry too much about it, there may be strong links but we are much more than any one piece of our complex human puzzles)
    http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/month-which-youre-born-could-influence-what-diseases-you-develop

So, who knows, in what ways, things influence us. I'm not saying that means we should give credence to anything and everything, of course. Just that I'm not so quick to say "Pffft" to everything as I once was, either. That more we are finding there are links between us and the planet we live on. We now know, of course, that the moon influences the planet, and even people in physical, documented ways. We never would have accepted that 100 years ago.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

^^^ good information. The sun when it flares up also effects the stock exchange. Of course being born in different seasons will effect child development.
    These variables can produce meaningful data on people and situations.

Astrologers have never been able to do this. If they had it would be used rather than imagined to be useful. Pseudo science is just that. It fulfills a perceptual hole. The proof for 'the science' does not exist, which is something one can read in the entrails of sacrificed animals if that is your preference. A 'science' for thousands of years incidentally ...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_divination

• @anataman said:

Nothing, it's in the 'General Banter' sub forum.

• @anataman said:
    Oh BTW I am the JUDGE in my life!

So - if you don't agree with my judgement, go to the SUPREME COURT... Which is where I will probably make a rational judgement of the irrationality of all the other judgements around me...

...\lol/...

Don't take me too seriously (although I am looking over my spectacles at you right now)

HOCUS POCUS - it's all the same thing!

It's cool. I completely understand your perspective. It's no big deal. It's always nice to hear different views on things, and it has made me think about this a little deeper, so it's all good. :)