Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Love" The Skeleton in the Closet...

2»

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Thanks for bringing that something to my attention @federica! The problem is it easier just to post a link rather than having to use markdown, which you have done for me thank you...

As you closed the thread that you linked to above as an admonishment, that cannot subsequently be debated, can you be more specific about what can and can't be posted please.

I recognise that the written word carries a certain weight, but sometimes a sound, an image or video, gives more information that cannot be delivered without sounding staid and boring, and to restrict such things ensure people zone out! However, if you desire people like me to just witter on and on about nothing that means nothing to the majority, and will make them zone out in the same way, then you are doing the same job either way, and my attempt at bringing it to the contributors attention will fade out as they realise that I have nothing to say and that they also will have nothing to say if they have to put things down in such a linear dialectic way... But we are all not IT experts.

The problem I also recognise is that if you start defining the terms of what can and cannot be said, the conversation becomes stifled, and all we can really do is say the same stuff about the same things about stuff and that becomes stuffy!

Oh well, you are the moderating influence... and I understand the need for you...

So henceforth what should I DO that will be seen as an acceptable anataman...

'Shut up idiot' is acceptable...

'Go away fool' is also acceptable...

But what then is credible or even creditable to be a NB?

Ooooops .... gone on too long, need to read and respond to other NB's, as they are looking for interesting or alternative insights I am sure...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2015

@anataman said:

As you closed the thread that you linked to above as an admonishment, that cannot subsequently be debated, can you be more specific about what can and can't be posted please.

The first post is more than specific enough. Also a good reminder for others to read and be reminded... ~ahem!!~ @lobster, @Shoshin ...

I recognise that the written word carries a certain weight, but sometimes a sound, an image or video, gives more information that cannot be delivered without sounding staid and boring, and to restrict such things ensure people zone out!

If that's the case by all means post, but if you're doing it just for effect or trivia, don't bother.

However, if you desire people like me to just witter on and on about nothing that means nothing to the majority,

Really? Do carry on....

and will make them zone out in the same way, then you are doing the same job either way, and my attempt at bringing it to the contributors attention will fade out as they realise that I have nothing to say

So in that case, don't say it...

and that they also will have nothing to say if they have to put things down in such a linear dialectic way... But we are all not IT experts.

Who says you have to be...? Neither am I....

The problem I also recognise is that if you start defining the terms of what can and cannot be said,

Funny, I thought that was part of my job....

the conversation becomes stifled, and all we can really do is say the same stuff about the same things about stuff and that becomes stuffy!

If you can't articulate what you need to say, that's your problem, not mine

Oh well, you are the moderating influence... and I understand the need for you...

Good. So do I...

So henceforth what should I DO that will be seen as an acceptable anataman...

Kindly comply with request.

'Shut up idiot' is acceptable...
    'Go away fool' is also acceptable...

You won't get comments like that from me. Veiled or otherwise.

But what then is credible or even creditable to be a NB?

What's that got to do with the current matter?

Ooooops .... gone on too long, need to read and respond to other NB's, as they are looking for interesting or alternative insights I am sure...

Feel free to refrain if articulating is proving difficult... ;)