Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Baby Steps

KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Ok so as most of you know, I've deliberately gone back to basics after last week's debacle.

Today I've recorded a small win. I managed to stop myself before getting into a bit of a pissing competition with a supposed friend. Instead I shut the conversation down and walked away - one less migraine this week - WIN!

I also found these pics and I've printed them out and stuck them on my dressing table.

_ /\ _

lobsterVastmindsilverShoshinJeffreyWalkerStraight_ManBuddhadragonyagr

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The second one has become my screensaver.

Kundo
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I like the "A moment of patience" one ..It reminds people of how important it is to be present, that is the ongoing practice of mindfulness...Being patience and mindfulness go hand in hand ....Thanks @dhammachick

Kundodantepw
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Today I've recorded a small win.

It is not the size but what you do with it, as the Bishop said to the sheep.

oh I iz bad! :p

It is a genune win. It seems real. It is a breath. It is awesome.

PS. BAAAAA ...

dantepw
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I find both to be fantastic, @dhammachick.

If you could add one having to do with Right Speech, you'd really make my day <3

yagr
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Those two entail a complete rebooting down from scratch to me... ;)

yagrKundo
  • yagryagr Veteran

First I wanted to say how happy I felt when I saw you here again in my first post back. Okay, next:

A small win? Small? When I want to speak and know I shouldn't... I'd rather buck twenty tons of hay on the hottest day of the year than I would keep my mouth shut. It wouldn't be a small win for me and I know I'm being a bit presumptuous here but I don't think it was a small win for you either.

And if you don't know what bucking twenty tons of hay is - don't worry about it just consider yourself lucky. ;)

Kundolobster