Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wonderful meditation

Ahh lately meditation has been great. I have just allowed my mind to be my mind. Not stressing to much on my concentration. I get little windows of opportunity where my mind says "your thinking/feeling this, go back to breathing when your done" this has brought me to a state of mind where I just feel at peace with everything my mind throws at me and I'm just like " anger, happiness, judgement... What evv it's all just life baby". Lifes a bitch you can't change that let life be a bitch, haterz gonna hate oh well let them hate. I can't change that so why bother. Life is suffering isnt it. I think happiness isn't being blissfully ignorant of the world and having nice things, I think it is knowing the world can be a terrible place and accepting it fully. Sure bad things... Terrible things happen, the future might be terrifying, your past may have been scarring but what does that all weigh against right now. Right now you can laugh if you want, you can smile, how do we know life isn't just one big joke and some guy out there has got a weird sense of humor. When we are truly happy we live in the moment.

DairyLamaEarthninjaCinorjerWalkernakazcidJeffreylobstermmoDavid

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Be patient...
    With the bad stuff
    And the good.

The hard stuff is easy. It's the easy stuff that's hard.

EarthninjaZenshinlobsterDavid
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

@Mingle and that's the secret of life! Not just meditation. :)
    Well done mate.

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

Tempted to get a tattoo across my body that reads "What evv it's all just life baby" :chuffed:

EarthninjagraceleeMingle
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

It must be a week for great meditation. I sat with a group for the first time this week and it was great. It was my first 30 minute meditation, and during the first few minutes, my brain was very chaotic. Then, suddenly, everything got very calm and time flew.

lobsterMingle
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Yes, it's worth pushing beyond 15 or 20 minutes, monkey mind gets tired after a while and takes a nap. ;)

nakazcidEarthninja
  • I tried visualizing monkey sleeping on my lap while meditating. Seems the monkey can be taught to stay just still -- Taking a nap until 30 mins is up. Felt compassion and love to my monkey mind, understanding and accepting.

lobsterDhammikaEarthninjaDavid
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

The mind is innocent.

• pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited July 2015

Yes, you learn to take a step back and note to yourself: "I don't have to be a part of those stories. They are real only because you believe them to be so and become caught in the web. Right here and right now, things are actually alright."

lobsterDavid
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@ajhayes said:
    ... my brain was very chaotic. Then, suddenly, everything got very calm and time flew.

Just when you were having fun ... oh well you can always be mindful when no one is looking ... ;)

@mockeymind said:
    I tried visualizing monkey sleeping on my lap while meditating. Seems the monkey can be taught to stay just still -- Taking a nap until 30 mins is up. Felt compassion and love to my monkey mind, understanding and accepting.

I rather like that visualisation. It is very soothing. Monkey is what we make of Hymn [apologies to grammarians, aliens and Catholics].

Bunksmmo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Good god alive, @lobster, where the hell do you find these images - ?! :lol:

lobsterWalkermmo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica said:
    Good god alive, lobster, where the hell do you find these images - ?! :lol:

I know that is rhetorical but I choose to be literal ...

At the moment I am using the DuckDuckGo search engine ...
    Google is now a bought, disinformation, commercial and political pawn.

Then I add the keywords which in this case were buddhism, monkey, mindfulness or similar

I work and respond well to visual imagery, I find it conveys a lot of questions ...

and now back to the wonderful ...