Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Going Invisible/Incognito?

silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.USA, Left coast. Veteran

Does anybody else have a problem if they want to be invisible and they check the box and sign out/sign in, but it doesn't 'take'? I've had that problem ever since I joined, and I forget what the outcome - what was said about it, but it never got fixed. I feel like maybe it's like they're belling the cat, heheh. Just kidding, of course, but it's just weird that a simple thing like that isn't available to all members.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

alert @Linc...

I attempted to access your account to see if I could help, but your privacy settings are not open to me to be able to assist.
    That's understandable, and perfectly proper, but it means in this instance, I'll try to get @LInc to see via admin methods whether something is at issue with the setting.
    As I look currently, there are two 'hidden' members. As a Mod, I can see who's actually active/logged in, no matter what their setting.... So the facility seems to be working for those two members....

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Thanks...I wonder if there's another setting elsewhere that's preventing you from seeing what's up with my invisible status - ?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

No, I think as a Moderator, my powers are understandably limited to just that: Moderating. No complaints here, I would add. But @Linc is the founder/creator of this website and as such, as head Honcho and original programmer, he has a far greater scope and access to the minutiae of the forum's techno-side of things.

It's also important he be alerted "glitches"... if he don't know, how he fix?

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@silver You never appear invisible to yourself. You are indeed invisible to non-moderators.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Um, but guess I was expecting to see a * and/or message next to my name to indicate that I was - or wasn't invisible at the time. Well, okay then! O.o

• Not at all what I was expecting from the title, and I'm bemused that I have no comprehension whatever of the conversation. Is there any reason to worry about or manage one's invisibility status?

No, none.
    Some folk like to lurk and observe, and just pass the time without jumping in... so they go 'incognito'.

It's up to the individual....