Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Reason-based Feature Film

becomethesignalbecomethesignal Explorer
edited November 2015 in Arts & Writings

Hello all,
Many years ago I was struggling with severe depression and suicidal thoughts, and I came across this website. I posted some very personal information about my struggle and was received quite warmly and given good advice. The support I got from these forums actually helped me re-draw some of my conclusions about life. And it is very touching to look back on and remember the help I received here.
Ultimately, I consider newbuddhist.com one of the most positive forums I've been on, and the responses from members here really helped turn me toward positive thinking after a lifetime of misery and depression.
So, I want to thank everyone who supported me on these forums and let you know how grateful I truly am for your help.

I have spent several years writing a semi-autobiographical (but fictional) feature film and am going to shoot it early next year. The themes are based on my lifetime of severe depression, my close encounters with suicide and the path I took to get to a positive outlook on life -- all this while losing my Christian faith. So, the film focuses on a skeptic's struggle in deriving meaning out of life and in finding a solution to his depressed state while not relying on faith or religious doctrine, hence the discussion title "reason-based feature film." Much of the advice I received while struggling with depression required me to abandon logic and empiricism and ended up hurting more than helping. I intend to achieve the opposite of that.
The film is an intellectual dark comedy, and I have a proof of concept teaser, a great actor to play the main part and a lot of crew members already secured. It's an independent film, and we're looking for assistance in getting the film made.
Please take a look at the teaser we've made, and if you can contribute anything toward the film or share these links, I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you for your time.
Crowd-funding site:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all-too-human/x/12513306#/
Teaser:

Also, feel free to ask me any questions you might have. If you happen to be really blown away by the trailer and want to really invest in the film, there are opportunities open for percentages, etc. :)

Comments

• Good luck. <3

That is my sort of humour, very dark. Great teaser made me LOL. Brought to mind the opening scene of the very first episode of 'Breaking Bad' and the film 'American Splendour'.

Will pass on your links. Bravo. B)

• Thank you, Lobster!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I've 'stickied' this for a decent period of time to get folks to see this and maybe pass the link on as appropriate. Help a guy out, here.... :)