Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Rita Gross

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited November 2015 in Sanghas

According to Khandro.net, Rita Gross, a well known figure in Buddhist circles, passed away last night. She's especially well-known for her work on gender and religion.

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I read the same, she had had a very severe stroke a couple weeks ago. Wishing her blessings in her passage onward.

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Astounding that her Wikipedia page has already been updated. It gives the date of her death, but the text is still in the Present Tense, as it were....

Om Mani Padme H'ng.

• EonTrinityEonTrinity Evansville, WI New

I was lucky enough to take some classes from Rita Gross a couple of decades ago on Buddhism, Hinduism, and the feminine in religion. She was a great teacher. i can still remember when she showed up in the middle of northern Wisconsin (farmerland) wearing a sari!

Now that I am embracing Buddhism, I wish she was around to thank, because she sewed the initial seeds and taught me a healthy admiration for the religions that originated in Asia.

ET

Bunkssilver
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Welcome @EonTrinity

• EonTrinityEonTrinity Evansville, WI New

Thanks Bunks! Well met.