Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Emanation Bubble Body

Over the months I have developed practices to help my journeys in samsara.

Here is one:

Emanation Bubble Body
As my future Buddha Body (dharmakaya) is all shiny and perfect and outside of time and space restrictions [allegedly], I use it to power up a Buddha emanation bubble that is not just mirrored to protect from negative karma but a transformative mirroring. Negative reflections coming my way become Bodhisattva Benevolence. Yeh!

Just the thing for picnicking in hell, transforming negative vibes into ambrosia and entertaining the monkey mara minds ...

Do you have any pet practices, adapted or practiced for special occasions? ... and breath in ... and out ... iz plan ...

BunksEarthninjasilverWalkerVastmind

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

What a phrase: "transforming negative vibes into ambrosia" -- I haven't thought of 'ambrosia' for ages, but I did for the first time in a long while a week or so ago. Maybe because my grandma used to make it around the holidays - or on picnics! :awesome:

Anyway, I suppose you could say that I'm picking my way along the primrose path - the sometimes hazardous journey of mine...definitely feel more skillful at it since discovering good ol' Buddha - what a dude, yeah! B)

BunksWalkerVastmind
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Something I try to do when I am suffering is to remember the words of my fave teacher Ven Chodron:

Bearing difficulties consumes our previously created negative karma

How awesome is that!

WalkerEarthninjaKundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Could you reference that? I mean, is that just their interpretation, or is it a documented assertion by the Buddha...?

• @silver. I too remember that oh so delicious ambrosia. The dhamma/dharma is pretty tasty as well.

silver
  • Another way to powerup and nurture ones ephemeral Buddha aka Dharmakaya is with my 'patent not applied for', Buddha Doll visualisation ...

This is like a new age visualisation using a Buddha version of astral 'Russian dolls'.

<3<3<3

• At core of your being visualise Buddha/Dharmakaya radiating metta/light/Boddhicitta
    • As the core of the visualisation becomes more perfect, imagine it forming a newer more perfect Being, that is a new Buddha Bodhi
    • Allow it to break through the old visualisation, which sprinkles its metta for all beings
    • Keep up the generation of new Buddha forms and their dissolving

<3<3<3

Continue as long as required. B)

Kundo

@federica said:
    Could you reference that? I mean, is that just their interpretation, or is it a documented assertion by the Buddha...?

Not sure. I've heard it stated by a couple of different Tibetan teachers in the Gelug tradition.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Bunks said:

@federica said:

Not sure. I've heard it stated by a couple of different Tibetan teachers in the Gelug tradition.

Ah. Wishful thinking, in other words.
    If only it were that easy.

Bunks

@federica said:

@Bunks said:

@federica said:

I suspect the implication may be that when we have a certain unskillful mental habit (e.g. craving chocolate, anger) but don't give into it or feed it then it will lessen over time and eventually disappear.

Shoshinfederica
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited December 2015

@Bunks said:

@federica said:

@Bunks said:

@federica said:

I suspect the implication may be that when we have a certain unskillful mental habit (e.g. craving chocolate, anger) but don't give into it or feed it then it will lessen over time and eventually disappear.

Perhaps we are just bundles of habits, habitually making our way through the habitat called Samsara..... :)

Bunks
  • One of the great distractions is trying not to be distracted. In essence it is the grit teeth and meditate at all costs 'meditation'.

In essence we have generated a fantasy bubble meditation and try for that.

Oops.

Personally I welcome and perhaps more importantly allow the distractions. Fight its arising and it hardens. It is just the latest mind bubble.

BunksShoshinWalkerVastmind
  • Tiny bubbles.. opps!

silver
  • To bring me back to the moment during everyday mindfulness I sometimes use the modern gentler equivalent of self flagellation (a barbaric medieval over kill used by Christian masochists/mystics)

Basically to remind and discipline the mind back into the moment; a bit of pain ...

• squeezing a small stone, coin, mala bead, or finger nail gently into palm ...

Very simple but effective when for instance, doing walking meditation at normal speed. The Tibetans sharpen fingernails in a similar ornate version, recalling initiation/inspiration.

Bunks