Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where is my Euphoria?

Samprajata samādhi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi
or something similar is one of the recognizable arisings.

Bliss, euphoria. Oh yeah!

Unlike easy recognizable, sex and drugs and rock and roll methodologies, Buddhist samadhi does not contain the grasping, fraziness and easy come, not so easy to let go, frenzy.

It feels, gentler, subtler, natural, more peaceable.

Now in a sense it is something to say hi and bye to. Sometimes it is important to recognise that such positive benefits do arise.

With sustained practice I feel it is inevitable.
http://buddhism.ygoy.com/what-is-the-concept-of-samadhi/

Anybody sulking because they are in expectation mode? ;)

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited December 2015

"Where is my Euphoria?"

On the shelf next to dysphoria :)

• "Where is my Euphoria?"

Three blocks down and to the left.
    Don't blink - you'll miss it. ;)

lobsterdooksta123
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited December 2015

Where is my Euphoria?

Right here youtu.be/bcnWysA9gxo

• @dhammachick said:
    Right here

<3

Ah ha!
    That is how crop circles come about? ;)

Dance is one of the best known entheogenic techniques
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

Samadhi is just a mind dance ...

Kundo
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I think I heard my daughter with it this morning. Sitting by herself, giggling for no apparent reason.

lobstersilversovadooksta123
  • Yes indeed, euphoria does belong to the children.
    To see a child at play is a gentle reminder that we are all children at heart.
    (Or at least we should be)

Peace to all

lobsterdooksta123
  • @ourself said:
    I think I heard my daughter with it this morning. Sitting by herself, giggling for no apparent reason.

My kinda gal <3
    Children have an emotional integrity based on complete transparency. What they feel they express. How wonderful.

As adults we need reasons to giggle, sit, kiss the dog or [insert child dancing, giggling etc of choice]

One of the reasons enthusiasm for almost anything is so contangeous is because it taps into childhood wonder ...

Jeffreysilver
  • Tony_A_SimienTony_A_Simien Veteran
    edited December 2015

Bliss, Heaven, Happiness these are all just words used when referring to our basic, simple nature.

It means even mindedness or neutrality in all situations. 100% acceptance of all situations is bliss because one is never happy or sad. You don't feel this way or that way. You are always in the middle. Whatever happens, happens. If you live, fine. If you die, fine. You don't welcome death. Nor do you fear it. Everything lives. Everything dies. When your number is up, accept it.

That doesn't mean neglect the body. But when you're done, finished; when the body is kaputt accept that gracefully. If you fight it then your last few days or months will be torture beyond imagining. If you accept it there is no problem. There may be physical pain but mentally you are at rest.

This is the purpose of practice. To practice until there is only acceptance in the heart.

No emotional state can be maintained indiffinitely. Because they are not natural or inherent to you. They require some object (mental or physical) to sustain them.

However, neutrality is our inherent nature. It requires no objects. It's only our perception of objects and the contents of our minds that creates non acceptance.

The euphoria is simply being accepting which creates zero tension. All other types of euphoria are transient. They are not natural to you. They require some manufactured object.

You are ground zero. That intangible point from which conventional reality arose.

That is bliss.

ShoshinJeffrey
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Tony_A_Simien said:

Bliss, Heaven, Happiness these are all just words used when referring to our basic, simple nature.

It means even mindedness or neutrality in all situations. 100% acceptance of all situations is bliss because one is never happy or sad. You don't feel this way or that way. You are always in the middle. Whatever happens, happens. If you live, fine. If you die, fine. You don't welcome death. Nor do you fear it. Everything lives. Everything dies. When your number is up, accept it.

That doesn't mean neglect the body. But when you're done, finished; when the body is kaputt accept that gracefully. If you fight it then your last few days or months will be torture beyond imagining. If you accept it there is no problem. There may be physical pain but mentally you are at rest.

This is the purpose of practice. To practice until there is only acceptance in the heart.

No emotional state can be maintained indiffinitely. Because they are not natural or inherent to you. They require some object (mental or physical) to sustain them.

However, neutrality is our inherent nature. It requires no objects. It's only our perception of objects and the contents of our minds that creates non acceptance.

The euphoria is simply being accepting which creates zero tension. All other types of euphoria are transient. They are not natural to you. They require some manufactured object.

You are ground zero. That intangible point from which conventional reality arose.

That is bliss.

Contentment :)

Bunkslobstersilver
  • Tee hee =)

From another thread:

In Zen there is the story of a student who asked his teacher, "What does the middle way mean?" And the teacher replied, "It means the extremes." I like that. Bad boys, good boys; bad girls, good girls ... oh, for heaven's sake: Give it a rest.

Equilibrium, contentment, Middle Way balance is very useful. Nobody plans to be naughty, think of the bad karma ... better to be at rest ... o:)

We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Buddhies seek him everywhere.
    Is he in heaven?—Is he in hell?
    That demmed, elusive Pimpernel.

Sir Percy Blakeney aka the Scarlet Pumpernickel ...

... and now back to the chase ...