Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tea For Two & Two For Tea

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited December 2015 in General Banter

As some of you already know, I'm a pot tea lady, (some might say potty and they'd be right especially when it comes to standing between me and a teapot :) ) I like using a tea pot to make tea (even when using tea bags)...
Today it would seem my tea pot collecting has come full circle ie, brewed :) ...
The first teapot I bought (at the start of my teapot fetish) was in the shape of an elephant, however it was minus a lid (I ended up sending it to my daughter who though it was cute)...Well low and behold four years later and in the same op shop (Opportunity knocked) there before my very eyes were TWO elephant shaped teapots, ( I thought I had died and gone to Oolong heaven) my teapot fetish got the better of me and I bought the two of them for a whopping $3 each....

For all you tea drinkers... How often do you use a teapot to make tea ?

lobsterVastmind

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Alas, I am a teakettle user because I just heat up the water to make my instant coffee. But the pink elephant with the heart just kinda sends me. It is so very cute! Hey, you only live once! (?)

ShoshinVastmind
  • Beautiful pots. <3

I make masala rasayana tea in a pot, might tomorrow if I can find a tealight candle ... needs six hours aprox to brew ...
    http://yinyana.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/30

• howhow Veteran Veteran

I'm a Brown Betty man myself. I like how iron high clay's seem to better hold the heat.

Shoshin
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

I am a beneficiary of a person who makes tea from leaves every day. Every day I have both tea and a little of my coffee. Tea can be wonderful. We get our tea from a number of vendors —Upton, Harney, TeaSource and Simpson & Vail. The London Teapot Company is the best source of teapots that I know. Are there other teapot manufacturers that can compare?

Even tempted by green tea lately as my host has branched out a bit in the last few years.

lobsterShoshinsilverVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2015

[Lobster faints] I am inspired. Green tea with vanilla is less dry and I am sure real green tea is a delight. How about jasmine tea? Only requires aprox five leaves for a pot of delicacy.

Yogi teas for tea baggers. Yum. Practically a meal.
    http://www.yogitea.com/en/products/

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited December 2015

@how I also like using the clay teapots for Oolong tea...The one 'back left' with the slightly tattered handle is one of my favourites

I was going to go see a therapist about my teapot fetish, but I decided against it.... I don't want them to think I'm potty..... :)

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2015

I think I have been making tea all wrong. :3 This seems like the main event ...

silver
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

omG! I've never seen a tea whisk before. Nice!

I've been putting green matcha in my coffee, lately. :chuffed:

Wow I've just counted the teapots I've collected over a four year period "42" they are in every room of my tiny flat except the bathroom (well not yet...but give my fetish time :lol: ) plus I've already given some way, two to my daughter, two to friends and three to the Buddhist group I attend on a Monday evening :)

Nirvanamerx
  • @merx notice some citrus in your pic ... Lemon tea ... now that is wonderful. Bring out the Earl Grey tea pot ...

One trick I like is mixing a black tea and stong fruit tea in a pot. Black fruity tea - hey why not.

Blend.

merx
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I don't have a fancy teapot. I tend to drink only a cup or two a day, so I just brew it in a (pre-warmed) mug. My tastes are pretty simple too, Lipton Yellow Label or Twining's Irish Breakfast is what I usually drink.

Shoshinmerx
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Hmmm... time for a new avatar methinks.

ShoshinVastmind

@Walker said:
    Hmmm... time for a new avatar methinks.

Walkermerx
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    Wow I've just counted the teapots I've collected over a four year period "42" they are in every room of my tiny flat except the bathroom (well not yet...

42? Not a bad number. I remember Ken Wilbur saying something about it in One Taste.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)
    (Not sure why this link takes you to the year 42, but you can click on 42_(number) and get there.

Shoshin
  • merxmerx estonia New

@lobster said:
    @merx notice some citrus in your pic ... Lemon tea ... now that is wonderful. Bring out the Earl Grey tea pot ...

One trick I like is mixing a black tea and stong fruit tea in a pot. Black fruity tea - hey why not.

Blend.

I täke a pot and i put there a layer of chopped lemon and then ohter layer of honey.I do it still the pot is filled.One layer lemon and second layer honey.Then i put this pot in the fridge.Every time when i drink tea,i täke that and mix it with a tea.It`s a real vitamiin bomb. =)

lobstersilverWalker
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

I drink my tea out of a wooden mug - it's light, it's super insulating, and it feels great. Problem is... pouring boiling water directly into a wood mug 1600+ times a year tends to beat the hell out of them no matter how well they're constructed. So I've just recently gotten out the ol' teapot to take the brunt of that hit before I pour it into my mug. Just a simple 2-serving ceramic one a friend bought me years ago. Hopefully that cuts down on mug repairs. :blush:

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2015

@Linc my computer is already turning into a flying teapot ...

I typed and searched for
    do a barrel roll
    in Google and my computer tried to do it. Call an exorcist!

Is this some sort of viral tea my computer has been drinking? May have to have a chamomile and vanilla tea :dizzy:

Walker
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@Linc said:
    I drink my tea out of a wooden mug - it's light, it's super insulating, and it feels great. Problem is... pouring boiling water directly into a wood mug 1600+ times a year tends to beat the hell out of them no matter how well they're constructed. So I've just recently gotten out the ol' teapot to take the brunt of that hit before I pour it into my mug. Just a simple 2-serving ceramic one a friend bought me years ago. Hopefully that cuts down on mug repairs. :blush:

Never considered the insulating potential of a wooden mug.

Perhaps this is only applicable to folks who put milk in their tea but is the daily using of a wood mug (something that I assume is porous) a cleanliness issue?

Is the wood mug, surface sealed with something?

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2015

@how said:
    Is the wood mug, surface sealed with something?

Yes! Food-safe acrylic. The cup cannot be microwaved or put in the dishwasher, but otherwise quite resilient. The first several hundred cups of boiling water don't phase it, anyway, and they do say it's good for any temperature. :awesome: But after a thousand or two you start to see fissures in the bottom lining (where it's coated thicker) and wood seams tend to become uneven. So I resolve to be a little gentler.

Where I get mine: http://www.goodlywoods.com/

I use a small "D" style for my tea for easy cleaning.

Vastmind

I was having a viber chat with my daughter yesterday, and I sent her a photo of my new elephant shaped teapots, she liked the pink one, so I'm gifting it to her :)

Um wooden cups/mugs sounds interesting @Linc
    Oowooooooooo I can feel another fetish arising :lol:

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Nirvana said:

@Shoshin said:
    Wow I've just counted the teapots I've collected over a four year period "42" they are in every room of my tiny flat except the bathroom (well not yet...

42? Not a bad number. I remember Ken Wilbur saying something about it in One Taste.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)
    (Not sure why this link takes you to the year 42, but you can click on 42_(number) and get there.

Isn't 42 also the answer to the eternal question "What is the meaning of life"?

ShoshinNirvana
    edited December 2015

@Bunks said:

Isn't 42 also the answer to the eternal question "What is the meaning of life"?

No...The answer is "Teapot collecting" ....what more could one ask for in life :)

howBunksVastmindNirvana