Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Merry Christmas....Happy B-day....Happy ....

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

To all my Brothers and Sisters here at NB....Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Winter ....whatever...hahaha....cheers!

Be extra nice....enjoy the cheer, and Happy new Year!!

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!! B) ......And We know @karasti has one coming....yah!...And...@Bunks is somewhere in the Sag pool....hahaha. So Happy whatever everyone. Feel free to bring snacks over to the table, and make sure to be here when our own Santa Admin makes it snow. =)

Yes....for my birthday weekend, I'm going to be a fox in a hen house....lolololol....Turn up!!...a little...not too much, gotta be at work Monday morning... :glasses: But next weekend...I'll do my Christmas cards!!!

lobsterkarastiBunksWalkersilverJeffreyDavid

Comments

• Happy Happiness. Sounds like a plan. Humbugs for grinches. Everyone welcome. <3

VastmindKundo
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Happy Birthday @Vastmind!

Curiosity has got the better of me....what exactly is the "sag pool"?

Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2015

Sagittarius. .... Right? @bunks

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

@karasti said:
    Happy Birthday!! 40 on Saturday for me. Oof. Mmm snacks. Donuts! Cake Boss cake.

Happy Happy Joy Joy :)

Thanks, @Vastmind

Careful, after 40 cake & donuts are much more efficient at sticking to one's hips. :p

Happy Birthday to all, and to all a Good Night. =)

karastiKundoBunks
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Have many happy returns to all the birthday members :) And a Merry whatever to everyone who celebrates whatever :) And may the new years resolution be enlightenment by mid January or bust :lol:

VastmindkarastiBunks
  • Just have a merry and happy whatever-you-want-to-call-it.
    It is all a celebration of life.
    Best to all

Peace to all

VastmindBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yeah, ditto, what ^^he^^ said! Happy happies to every happyone!

VastmindBunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Happy Birthday @Vastmind!

Curiosity has got the better of me....what exactly is the "sag pool"?> @Vastmind said:

Sagittarius. .... Right? @bunks

Yes! A Sag Pig no less =)

WalkerVastmind

Bumped..." It's the most wonderful time of the year...."

Well...it's technically not Vesak month...but I do my own thing. hahaha.
    Dec 25th....
    We open presents, eat, and I wash all my Buddha's around the house that afternoon.
    Bathing Baby Buddha ?
    -- http://buddhism.about.com/od/buddhistholidays/a/vesakpuja.htm

Merry Buddhamas!!

Walkerlobsterkarastimerx
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited December 2015
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Feeling super festive today. So far, my 40th year is going quite well and I feel better than I did at 25, so that's nice :)
    My eldest is on his way home for a month long winter break. It is his first semester in college, so this mama will be glad to have all her babies under one roof again for a while ;) It finally snowed in northern MN after a very long and mild fall. So that helps with my festiveness.

My son's (the eldest again) birthday is December 23rd, so we celebrate that. We don't do a lot on Christmas Eve just because I always wanted a distinction between his birthday and the craziness of Christmas time. We usually do dinner at my mom's house and then that evening we burn a Yule log that we picked in the woods and decorated. Starting it with the previous years log remains. The we listen to music and play games and leave snacks for Santa.

Christmas morning we do all the present stuff and make a big breakfast. Then we usually spend the day figuring out how presents work, lol, and cleaning up. I kind of hate the present thing, and I think we are going to plan ahead and save up and just do something as a family next year. This year, all the kids had trouble thinking of things they needed or wanted so we chose to donate part of the money we spend on presents to the refugee center in our state.

WalkerVastmindlobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I shall be practising Bah-humbuggery in line with my bog-Irish pagan roots.

lobster

@SpinyNorman said:
    I shall be practising Bah-humbuggery in line with my bog-Irish pagan roots.

AHA!! humbug you are not. You showed up in my happy/party thread ;)

Here's an extra treat plate for you......don't drop crumbs...let me know if I can get you some punch, and act happy, dammit!

Walkerlobster

Pah! Here are my carol-singing goats...

Walkerlobstersilver
  • Enjoyed the singing goats.

As the gluttony festival draws nearer, I thank baby Jesus I am a Buddhist ...

WalkerShoshinVastmind
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Peace and enlightenment... best things I can think of to find under a tree.

ShoshinVastmindNirvanalobster
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

As the gluttony festival draws nearer, I thank baby Jesus I am a Buddhist ...

I despise cliques. We-go's are even more of a trap than Egos.

May All Beings be peaceful. May all beings be happy. May all beings be Free!

Now that it's finally here, Happy Christmas!

(And belated birthday wishes to everybody, too!)

ShoshinlobsterVastmindWalker

It's over for another year! Hurrah!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(Here comes Valentine's day.... Mothering Sunday....Easter..... Brace yourself, Pal..... it's just another way of saying ''countdown begins....")

• JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran
  • They started stocking the candy aisle in WalMart on Dec 24 with V day candy.

@federica said:> (Here comes Valentine's day.... Mothering Sunday....Easter..... Brace yourself, Pal..... it's just another way of saying ''countdown begins....")

I blame the Americans. ;)

lobsterWalker

Indeed, I'll drink to that....

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2015

@SpinyNorman said:
    I blame the Americans. ;)

Indeed :p

They don't want to pay the price of a cup of tea (ref: Boston tea party). End up addicted to cheap coffee from Trump Southland [Mexico and below].

Tsk, tsk, the native americans should throw out the colonisers and establish the United States of Hopi. Maybe they could obtain fundraising from their semi banned North Indians? Muslims I think they are called ... I wonder if the boat people from Africa on their extended working holiday would care to help ... o:)

Happy Days ... ;)

@lobster said: Tsk, tsk, the native americans should throw out the colonisers and establish the United States of Hopi.

Yeah, and us pagans should claim back the British Isles and throw out those sermonising Christians, send all the religious fundamentalists to the "New World"...oh, wait.. ;)

lobsterWalker
  • I hope everyone here had a good Christmas. Here's one of my little stories for you as a gift.

The Delayed Christmas Gift.

A young boy was talking to his friend on Christmas day. "So did you get everything you asked Santa for?" he asked his friend.

"Yep," his friend replied. "Although Santa did get the color of the new bike wrong. I asked for red and he left me a blue one. He left a note saying the elves ran out of red paint. How about you?"

"Not everything," the boy replied. "Along with the toys, I asked Santa for a new baby brother. Santa left a note saying he put the baby in Mommy last night but I have to wait nine months for it to show up. I asked Mommy where Santa put the baby, and she told me I was too young to know but next year she's not letting Santa give her all that spiked eggnog. Daddy won't stop giggling. Next year I'm just asking for a bike."

lobsterWalkerNirvanaVastmind
  • SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran
    edited April 2016

I think the old lady should abdicate in favour of her great grandson. Like NOW. Think what a cute king he will make.