Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Epic of Slugman

KrackosStormKrackosStorm South Carolina New
edited December 2015 in Diet & Habits

This is the tale of Slugman.
He's a regular man with a human body, but he behaves like a slug.
He stays in his shell all day, he has no energy, no sense of motivation. Sure he has a job, but when he isn't working he just loafs around all day and procrastinates.
He stays up late and wakes up all groggy and is very unhealthy, his house is a mess, and his yard is a mess.

But one day Slugman became self aware and realized how depressing his life was.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am Slugman. Everyone has the potential to be Slugman as well.
I've done nothing for so long. I have a job and I plan on going to college later next year, but other than that I just sit on my rear all day.
I never commit to anything. I've been too lazy to read, meditate, or even work on my pet project.

But no more.
Starting today, I'm waking up and meditating, after that cleaning my house or yard, walking my dogs, and when I get back on my computer I'm spending time on my project.
One thing that's important to me too: I hate being given arbitrary time limits like, "Oh, I'll meditate for 5 minutes; I'll clean for 30 minutes." I'm going to do those things for as long as I fell like, then a little longer.
Even with me just starting today I feel so much better. I feel satisfied that I got something done and I feel more energetic that I did it. It even makes it easier to do mental and other non-physical work.

Welp, that's all, thanks for reading.

Lovingly inspired by (ripped of from) Slugman's Transformation by Jerma985 (Warning: Contains mild language):
[

On a lighter note I had a good Christmas. How was your Christmas/Holiday?

silverShoshinlobsterCinorjerLionduckmerx

Comments

• KrackosStormKrackosStorm South Carolina New
    edited December 2015

I have no idea what the text is all weird like that.

Moderator Note: Rectified :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(Ps: Slugs don't have shells. Snails do. )

Welcome. ;)

@federica said:
    (Ps: Slugs don't have shells. Snails do. )

Welcome. ;)

I know, I was just qouting Slugman's Transformation.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I like what you shared, because it's like the New Year's resolution(s) - without saying that's what it is. Iow, it's not really preachy. Nice.

KrackosStorm
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Be gentle and patient with yourself.

Old habits die hard.

Good luck!

KrackosStormVastmindlobstermerx
  • A day at a time - A day at a time.

lobsterBunksVastmindmerx
  • @KrackosStorm said:
    I never commit to anything. I've been too lazy to read, meditate, or even work on my pet project.

I think there is a name for that [lobster engages search mode as moon bird chorus begins] Ah yes ... 'young human' ...

How was your Christmas/Holiday?

Good enough.

Change your language. You are aware of NT1? First Noble Truth? Reframing? GIYF

We need to hear of the achievements. What you read. What sort of method you used for karma meditation aka cleaning practice ...

The sooner you get up to speed, the sooner you can kick noobies into shape ... consider it a path ... ;)

@lobster said:

We need to hear of the achievements. What you read. What sort of method you used for karma meditation aka cleaning practice ...

The sooner you get up to speed, the sooner you can kick noobies into shape ... consider it a path ... ;)

You're right, sorry. I kind of wrote this on a whim; and it's probably more akin to something I should put on Facebook.

I have figured out which of the noble 8-fold path I need to work on though. Which is right mindfulness. 'Cause boy does my mind wander.

silverlobster
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Hey @KrackosStorm, am glad you're awake to your wandering mind, because when I first started practicing mindfulness, it was like a whole new world for me - again - it helped me in so many ways. B)

lobster
  • @KrackosStorm said:
    'Cause boy does my mind wander.

:)
    Indeed.

It must be about time for you to inspire us ... before we wander off again ... B)

silver
  • Rina290Rina290 Johannesburg New

Hey Krackostorm, the way you describe your "slugness" it sounds to me as if it might be a bit more than just lazyness and that maybe it comes with a fair amount of feeling down and suffering. So maybe it is something which cannot just be turned off? Maybe it needs to be acknowledged for what it is and treated with loving kindness, by you yourself, by others?

This discussion has been closed.