Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fixed email sending

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited January 2016 in NewBuddhist.com

I guess no one noticed, but emails from the site have been broken since the 18th when we moved servers. I didn't realize NewBuddhist was still using the server's mail app to send emails; the new server doesn't have that installed. Anyway, I hooked it up to our third-party email service we got for icrontic.com, so we should be OK now.

Jason

Comments

• Thanks @Link

Was going to tell you how the 'Best of' feature is working again. Which it was when you posted the above. Just tried it now on my Ipad to make sure. Not working anymore ... O.o

Sorry to say ...

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I received one email notification shortly after you posted this, but I think it broke as soon as you fixed it because I haven't gotten any more since the first one.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@silver said:
    I received one email notification shortly after you posted this, but I think it broke as soon as you fixed it because I haven't gotten any more since the first one.

I actually messed up and it wasn't fixed for another day until @federica tugged on my sleeve and pointed out my error. But it's definitely working now; check your spam filter. It's a different email service so maybe your provider doesn't like it.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2016

Thanks. I got visions of an irritating little four-year-old pestering the hell out of his dad.... :lol::lol:

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@federica More akin to politely telling an over-confident mechanic that his fly was down the whole time. :3