Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Beauty of the Mundane

I am looking out my window and am struck by the beauty of the mundane.
I see the blue sky and the green tree with those yellow grapefruit.
The everyday plain richness of the moment.
The sheer beauty of it is wondrous.

What mundane sight or action has struck you with it's simple beauty?

Peace to all

RodrigoBunksJeffreyKale4DayzShoshinsilverlittlestudentVastmindDavidStingRaylobster

Comments

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Absolute, total, unremitting Silence, broken by the shrill squeak of a weasel telling you to snap out of it and watch where you're walking.

The song of the Void, the voice of the temple bell.

silver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Waking up each morning to a new experience.... it never gets old....

rohitVastmindLionduckStingRay
  • I luvs my cushion! :p

silverVastmindLionduckStingRay
  • Walking to the Buddha Hall guided by the moon. The call of the drum hanging from the ceiling within. The hollow chant of the bell. The whole world becoming a way place.

lobstersilverVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes, I can moon-equate... walking to the bus-stop yesterday morning at 6.40am...the moon hung in the early-morning sky, tinged with pink, as the sun also rose... there was a star just at top left of her... It always brings to mind Brother Sun, Sister Moon.... in the sky, together...

silverJeffreyVastmindLionduck
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

@federica said:
    Yes, I can moon-equate... walking to the bus-stop yesterday morning at 6.40am...the moon hung in the early-morning sky, tinged with pink, as the sun also rose... there was a star just at top left of her... It always brings to mind Brother Sun, Sister Moon.... in the sky, together...

-That was the planet Jupiter to the top left of the moon. Yup, it's way cool...

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It can't have been jupiter, it was only the size of a pinprick. Jupiters well massive....! D'uh...!!

(I'm kidding......)

Thanks for the info!

Will_Baker
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I have a long walk by the sea every day and it's wonderful, always changing, the sea and sky have different moods and colours. I haven't seen a porpoise for several years though, I think they are avoiding me. ;)

Lionduck

@SpinyNorman said:
    I have a long walk by the sea every day and it's wonderful, always changing, the sea and sky have different moods and colours. I haven't seen a porpoise for several years though, I think they are avoiding me. ;)

Like this

Bunks

I remember one time the sea was a deep green colour, very strange.

• The sea is very restful, usually - Always changing and always the same in constant motion. Nice pictures.
    The moon as it waxes and wanes and the clouds slipping through the sky - strange and beautiful and serene...

edited February 2016

Beauty of the Mundane

The Cicada song ( & my phone letting me know there's wifi close by :) )

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited February 2016

I think this is why words like mundane, divine, supernatural and magic have little to no meaning for me.

The way of things is just the way things go.

It's all so wondrous.

Nothing special and so amazing.

StingRaylobsterVastmind
  • StingRayStingRay Glasgow Explorer

Standing upright,arms by my side under a warm shower every morning and eve. Not moving, while just noticing the feel of the warm water hitting the top of my head, flowing down over the top of my face while hitting my shoulders and steaming down the side of my arms. Recently I have been late for work cuz I am spending too long in the shower!

ShoshinWalker

@StingRay said: Recently I have been late for work cuz I am spending too long in the shower!

If you lived in England you could have this experience more often, it rains all the time here. ;)

lobsterVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited February 2016

It's all so wondrous.

Nothing special and so amazing.

Indeed.
    I think so.
    The very mind that says, 'Boring! Ordinary! Mundane!' is plastic (fluid). Most incredibly of all there is an Emptiness that is form and Form that is emptiness. Awesomely great, perhaps even insanely ...

Nirvana is Samsara as the buddha said to the bishop ...

Attention, attention, attention.

Vastmind
  • Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

A moment of absolute silence, yesterday afternoon, it struck me how rare this is and how beautiful :)

StingRaysilverlobster

@Tara1978 said:> A moment of absolute silence, yesterday afternoon, it struck me how rare this is and how beautiful :)

That's one thing I like about really remote places, the quietness, particularly the absence of man-made noise.

StingRayTara1978

@Shoshin said:

Yep, English summer. ;)

Shoshin
  • StingRayStingRay Glasgow Explorer

@SpinyNorman I stay in Scotland so plenty of cold showers up here! I am moving to Surrey in the summer and I am lead to believe the rain will be slightly warmer there!

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:

@Tara1978 said:> A moment of absolute silence, yesterday afternoon, it struck me how rare this is and how beautiful :)

That's one thing I like about really remote places, the quietness, particularly the absence of man-made noise.

-Agreed...

@StingRay said:> @SpinyNorman I stay in Scotland so plenty of cold showers up here! I am moving to Surrey in the summer and I am lead to believe the rain will be slightly warmer there!

They have very posh rain in Surrey. ;)

StingRay
    edited February 2016

The beauty of the mundane is always there, when one take time out to
    look

lobster

Hibiscus.... I used to grow them..... But stopped.....

They are beautiful flowers ...The island is full of them....

I sit gazing across the water. The dragonfly, bearing an angry wasp in its jaws, alights upon my shirt. Wake up, wake up!

Shoshin

I bet you woke up quicksmart @Fosdick :):wink::lol:

Not fast enough - stung me right in the belly it did.

Well hope you're not allergic to hymenopteran bites and stings...

On my walk today I stopped to listen to the subtle sounds of impermanence at work, the ocean waves slowly, diligently, gently stroking away at the rock surface, it's in no hurry, it's got all the time in the world...

• @Lionduck said:
    What mundane sight or action has struck you with it's simple beauty?

Peace to all

Simple beauty or the beauty of the simplified awareness and attention.
    Just tapping keys. Just readin' words. Just bare attention. A radiator clicks. Meditation. Contemplation. Still distilling ...

• Somebody had dropped their coffee and it had dried to perfection in the morning sun ... when had it ever been otherwise ...

silver

@Shoshin said:> On my walk today I stopped to listen to the subtle sounds of impermanence at work, the ocean waves slowly, diligently, gently stroking away at the rock surface, it's in no hurry, it's got all the time in the world...

I love the sound of waves breaking on the shore, and the sounds of wind in the trees.
    Even seagulls arguing is nice. ;)

• I like ducks =)

silverLionduck
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@Fosdick said:
    Not fast enough - stung me right in the belly it did.

Well, at least now I know that they DO bite (sting)! I was stalked by one when I was swimming years ago and I hurt my finger trying to discourage it from landing on my head by waving my boogie board at it. That little bugger was persistent! Argh! O.o

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited March 2016

I have started going to group meditation classes again after a few years away.

I love how twenty people can sit in a room together in complete.silence!

WalkersilverShoshinlobster
    edited March 2016

@Bunks said:

I love how twenty people can sit in a room together in complete.silence!

Complete external silence, but internally ....Well that's another story :wink:

silverLionduckBunksrohit
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

good gosh, this bad hair day thing is making the rounds this week O.o

:grin:

Shoshinlobster
  • Don't you know, it's the latest rage. ;)

Shoshin