Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Quote Function?

Hi, Linc. I'm not able to get the "quote" button to work, when I want to quote a post. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my new/refurbished computer, which is a little wonky, or if it's with the website.

Also, when I log in, even though the "remember me" box is checked, I have to log in every time I come onto the site. This began within the last week or so, along with the quote button issues.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Dakini said:
    Hi, Linc. I'm not able to get the "quote" button to work, when I want to quote a post. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my new/refurbished computer, which is a little wonky, or if it's with the website.

Also, when I log in, even though the "remember me" box is checked, I have to log in every time I come onto the site. This began within the last week or so, along with the quote button issues.

Works for me. Just adding to help.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

Desktop or mobile?

Step 1: Clear the browser cache. It's possible you've got an old version of the Javascript that powers the Quote button.

Sometimes things are wonkier here than on a normal Vanilla-based forum because I deploy so often and between minor changes constantly. In a typical situation, caching would be far less of an issue. I just want to explain that for folks who think little stuff is always going sideways around here is because we need better software. :) It's usually just your lackadaisical administrator. :anguished:

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

In life, Timing is everything. If the quote function don't work, it's best to opine Later.

Thus have I learned. =)

karasti
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I have not used quote function to know, but I too have had to log in every time (at least every day when I turn my computer back on) even though the box has checked, and that never happened until very recently, like a few days maybe?

• DakiniDakini Veteran

@karasti Oh, good--it's not just me who suddenly has to log in every time. This began about 2 weeks ago, with the loss of the automatic log-in.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited April 2016

Huh? You're checking the "Keep me signed in" box before signing in?

I dunno, try clearing your cookies and starting clean.

• DakiniDakini Veteran

Hey, my quote function is working again! :D

• DakiniDakini Veteran

So strange. Now the quote function isn't working again. Could it really be my computer that's the problem? I'll try another computer later today, and see what happens.