Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Way to go Canada ! ...A seed is a seed

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

"Peel Regional Police in Ontario visited a local temple for a taste of Buddhist philosophy and a lesson on how to meditate."
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/look-cops-meditating-hitting-streets-canada/

A seed is a seed...Through nurturing it will germinate and grow :)

lobsterJeroenWalkerhowpegembaraDavidFosdickupekka

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2016

Bravo good news.

Police and others near the hard edges of dukkha deserve front row free instruction at all dharma centres. Bravo that monk! Our uniformed branch (aka sangha) strike again ...

Thank for sharing <3

Shoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I thought this thread was going to be about Trudeau legalizing marijuana next year.

Good to hear Peel Police are now doing this. When I was young they were the worst around. It would be good if they mellowed out a bit.

• Those police are wearing loaded guns and minds and body armour. Very similar to most dharma centre sits with the average hell dweller hippy types.

This is my sort of dharma.

I take refuge in the Buddha
    I take refuge in the Dharma
    I take refuge in the Sangha
    I take refuge in the Policing

;)

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

My teacher (one of many) once said, "If we all understood "karma" there would be no need for a 'police' force !" ......Makes one think :)

• SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

Hope Canada would be a better place before the start of the Trump precidency. They can expect a lot of immigrants. ......... from the US of A.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Swaroop said:
    Hope Canada would be a better place before the start of the Trump precidency. They can expect a lot of immigrants. ......... from the US of A.

Voting is easier than moving.

• SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

Better to move when the zombies outnumber the living @David