Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

thoughts and plans

if i say,
thoughts are past symbols
and
plans are future buildings on such thought
and
'we' make such plans on thought here and now

not knowing what 'we' are doing at present moment is our delusion

what do you think/say?

lobster

Comments

• Ideally nothing ... but where is the fun in that ...

Knowing what we are doing is a plan, based in the present.
    Thoughts never pass as simple symbols, they are multi faceted and may be drawn into the future as much as drawn from past karma.
    Knowing that is there any such thing as delusion? What do you think?

• upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited April 2016

@lobster said:
    Ideally nothing ... but where is the fun in that ...

i am full serious, for me there is no fun, i did post above after having a serious 'thinking'

Knowing what we are doing is a plan, based in the present.

i think, plan is a thing that is expecting to happen in the future

Thoughts never pass as simple symbols, they are multi faceted and may be drawn into the future as much as drawn from past karma.

true, but still they are symbols
    you can use 'symbol' to explain a symbol, explain is a symbol to explain the word 'explain' etc.
    so any thought or any thoughts on thought are symbols

• @upekka said:
    i am full serious, for me there is no fun, i did post above after having a serious 'thinking'

Understood.
    I thought it was an excellent post.
    Fun and serious are not exclusive. In other words the Middle Way can be serious fun or to put it another way; thinking is not serious, it is merely presented as funny ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

PLanning is good chronologically, but pointless psychologically.

One of the survivors of the Air Florida plane that crash-landed in the Potomac river, in January 1982, stated in an interview a while after his rescue, that he now found it impossible to keep a diary of forthcoming events. He knew of them, but never presumed he would be able to keep them, until the time for them had arrived and he could fulfil them.
    That is to say, he never took the passing of time for granted, and never considered a future a likelihood, let alone a possibility.

Bunks
  • @upekka said:
    if i say,
    thoughts are past symbols
    and
    plans are future buildings on such thought
    and
    'we' make such plans on thought here and now

not knowing what 'we' are doing at present moment is our delusion

what do you think/say?

I believe so. Not knowing or seeing the truth is delusion. In this case the truth is also the present moment.

lobster
  • The truth IS the present moment as @namarupa says but thoughts on the present moment are ... blah, blah, blah ...

(nonsense) ... or in Buddhist terms ... delusion ... o:)

Fosdick
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@federica said:
    PLanning is good chronologically, but pointless psychologically.

One of the survivors of the Air Florida plane that crash-landed in the Potomac river, in January 1982, stated in an interview a while after his rescue, that he now found it impossible to keep a diary of forthcoming events. He knew of them, but never presumed he would be able to keep them, until the time for them had arrived and he could fulfil them.
    That is to say, he never took the passing of time for granted, and never considered a future a likelihood, let alone a possibility.

I have heard of other air crash survivors who now meticulously plan their possible escape from an airplane whenever they board one, as a precaution in case it happens again. And strangely, this does work, such plans become a kind of blueprint for the situation that happens.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Planning is good but being able to let the plans go at a moments notice is even better planning.

federica