Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

There Is No Now

13»

Comments

• consciousness (awareness) being both the drawer/artist and the drawing in the flipbook consciousness

@Shoshin

Awareness(consciousness) can be the drawer/artist or the drawing or neither. It cannot be all 3 at the same time. One moment I am this, then that and then neither, rinse and repeat.

person
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited May 2016

@pegembara said:

consciousness (awareness) being both the drawer/artist and the drawing in the flipbook consciousness

@Shoshin

Awareness(consciousness) can be the drawer/artist or the drawing or neither. It cannot be all 3 at the same time. One moment I am this, then that and then neither, rinse and repeat.

@pegembara

What I 'think" I'm on about( at times I'm a little vague even for myself when trying to eff the ineffable :lol: ) it is the awareness/consciousness that is aware of being aware when the five aggregates are fluxing along (in the moment so to speak)....

I'm under the impression the so called controller in this instance, is the awareness/consciousness that is aware of being aware and this is where any shift in being aware tends to happen, ie, where any change/shift in the karmic pattern can occur....There's no separation in the flux, it all happens simultaneously however there is the illusion that "I" think "I AM" aware of what is happening....

It's all part and parcel of the flux, the universe (all time space and its contents) is not really a state of flux... it is flux....(and so am "I" )
    Does this make sense ? Or is it non sense ?

• @Shoshin said:

What I 'think" I'm on about( at times I'm a little vague even for myself when trying to eff the ineffable :lol: ) it is the awareness/consciousness that is aware of being aware when the five aggregates are fluxing along (in the moment so to speak)....

I'm under the impression the so called controller in this instance, is the awareness/consciousness that is aware of being aware and this is where any shift in being aware tends to happen, ie, where any change/shift in the karmic pattern can occur....There's no separation in the flux, it all happens simultaneously however there is the illusion that "I" think "I AM" aware of what is happening....

It's all part and parcel of the flux, the universe (all time space and its contents) is not really a state of flux... it is flux....(and so am "I" )
    Does this make sense ? Or is it non sense ?

The flux is the 5 aggregates or 6 sense experiences. Beyond that there is nothing to be said. Space and time also falls within the flux.

There are individual moments of experience, now this, now that etc that are fleeting and ungraspable. One inbreath and one outbreath and being conscious of the separation between body(breaths) and mind(knower and doer).

However all that can be made into object(body/mind) cannot be the subject("self"). Contrary to some teachings, you are not that. All that you can point to cannot be "you".

lobster
  • JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

I suppose 'now' is a singularity to which we integrate our conscious experiences by a mental process similar to mathematical integration, we can only get 'so' close to the singularity but never exactly close. Our reality is an approximation, it's as close as we can get. In that sense, then, now contains past and present as a condition for its own existence.