Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How old are you?

brianhorlicksbrianhorlicks Earth Explorer
edited March 2016 in General Banter

Physically 46,
Spirituality 5.

BunksRuddyDuck9

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Physically - 59.
    Spiritually - what, in this lifetime....? About 25.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Physically - 43
    Spiritually - No clue

• BurkanBurkan New
    edited March 2016

Physically - 29
    Spiritually - 3

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Physically - 44
    Spiritually - Dunno. I'll tell you (or not) when I'm there. ;)

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Physically - 44
    Buddhist - 6

• Physically 68. All else is open to conjecture.

BunksKundo
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

As old as language, but much, much younger than the moon.

The moon, that mystic mirror of all that matters -- how barbaric it is not to count time by her aspects!

brianhorlicks
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Older than dirt :( Younger than springtime :)

brianhorlickssilverKundo
  • brianhorlicksbrianhorlicks Earth Explorer

@brianhorlicks said:
    Physically 46,
    Spirituality 5.

This is the thing is though;
    Age is just a number,

I have never felt old,
    Even though I know I'm getting older,
    The face staring back at me in the mirror,
    Silently tells me so.

The over thing that I find weird is,
    Working with people who are younger than me,
    Yet how they act and speak,
    They are somehow older.

meteorshower01herberto
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Time is an odd thing and so is "growing up" or "getting old." When I was in 9th grade, the 12th graders seemed so mature, so grown up. Then I got to be in 12th grade, and I never felt as mature as they looked. Now I'm 40 and I still don't feel as mature as they looked, lol. I don't worry too much about my age. One year I had my age wrong the entire year, so I gained a whole new year I didn't know I had! I actually feel better than I did most of my younger years because I am settled in life, stable, secure, I have a lot of freedom and I take much better care of myself. I live the life I wanted for the most part, rather than the life others said I should have. if anything, having all that weight off me makes me feel younger now than I was 15 years ago. The world is a heavy place as a young adult. That weight lifts as life goes on. I quite like it. Though the lack of weight seems to make time go ever faster.

Kale4DayzJeroenherberto
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

How old are you?

I'm considered old by some standards and young by others ... both chronologically and spiritually .... :)

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

As I've heard some in New Yawk City say, "I don't give a rat's a$$!" :mrgreen:

• Younger than the mountains, older than the trees. (Or pretty close to that. :3=)

silver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Young enough to still get excited, old enough not to get impatient. ;)

marcitkobrianhorlicksKundoCarlita
  • Lionduck, that's a lyric from a John Denver song. There's a Bob Dylan song with the refrain

"Ahh but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. "

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

• 32 winters
    Into meditation and spirituality: 16

• sumitrasumitra Ohio, United States New

Physically: 26
    Spiritually: Still in the womb :)

federicabrianhorlicks
  • Physically: 24
    Mentally: 40
    Spiritually: Well, how would you measure that?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's how YOU measure it, that counts....

Kundo
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

How old am I

Physically ......22450 days of cellular cycling within this collective since leaving my host.
    Spiritually.......not really mine to time.

• MingleMingle Veteran

27 soon physically

Spirituality im gonna say about 2 as ive been practicing for 2 years

• MingleMingle Veteran
    edited June 2016

Also I did see a Buddhist quote that said you can measure your spiritual progress by the hours spent on the cushion.

Not always so.
    It's not quantity.
    It's quality.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Mingle said: Also I did see a Buddhist quote that said you can measure your spiritual progress by the hours spent on the cushion.

In some traditions it goes by how many thousand mantras you have gabbled. :p

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2016

Is the spirituality of a potential f/wit whose training actually addresses their own
    f/wittery
    less, the same, or higher than the person who has never been an
    f/wit to begin with?

I think spirituality better describes our efforts in each moment to address our own ignorance,
    than in thinking any number can add to the quality of that nano moment.

FosdickKundo
  • I'm 33.

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

physically: 27
    mentally: I'm currently having a Quarter-life crisis where I'm noticing how old I am.... so Idk.... when I'm stressed, which is often, I feel about 75 or 80.
    Spiritually: I just started Kindergarten

Jeroenrohit
  • Young one here; physically 19.

Spiritually it's hard to say. People have told me I seem very old but there are times when I have felt extremely young. The flow of that kind of time seems different to me, less of a straight and one-directional line than freer movement which might go backwards or forwards or in circles.

Once at a residential care home I met an older lady who suffered from dementia. She woke up at a different age every day. One day she might experience life as a seventy-year-old; the next she would wake and be five again; twenty the next.

silver
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I said awesome, @syrphus because I get that too - time not being linear. I don't believe I've ever felt my age ... age seems irrelevant to me.

syrphusRuddyDuck9
  • IchLiebteIchLiebte US Veteran

I'm 23 so my friends call me a fetus.
    Emotionally, though... I am 12.

KundoBunks
  • RatBoyRatBoy St. Louis area New

But I learned so very little about life for the first 51 or 52 years. Trying hard to catch up!

RuddyDuck9
  • BenjaminBenjamin England Explorer
    edited June 2016

Probably one of the youngers here...

Physically....? Perhaps....

Mentally? I very much doubt it.... ;)

edited June 2016

This guy I knew used to say "You're as young as the woman you feel."
    Sexist pig! :p

Walker
  • newlotusnewlotus Australia Explorer

Physically I'm 27.
    Have just started my journey with Buddhism. So just a baby :)

RuddyDuck9
  • newlotusnewlotus Australia Explorer

@syrphus said:
    Young one here; physically 19.

Once at a residential care home I met an older lady who suffered from dementia. She woke up at a different age every day. One day she might experience life as a seventy-year-old; the next she would wake and be five again; twenty the next.

My Grandma is like this :( It can be very sad. One day she wants a teddy bear. The next she is asking where my dear grandpa is whom has been dead for 22 years. Poor dear.

@newlotus said:

@syrphus said:

Once at a residential care home I met an older lady who suffered from dementia. She woke up at a different age every day. One day she might experience life as a seventy-year-old; the next she would wake and be five again; twenty the next

My Grandma is like this :( It can be very sad. One day she wants a teddy bear. The next she is asking where my dear grandpa is whom has been dead for 22 years. Poor dear.

My mum has late-stage dementia, it's been difficult to watch the deterioration.

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

@newlotus welcome aboard! We are in a similar boat, you and I. Same age, same newness to the way, same newness to the forum. Good to see you here. <3

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

Physically, 31, but feel like I'm 21, but spiritually I am 75.

Bunks
  • carolanncarolann Explorer

51.......but the old container still looks and feels pretty good.... Xx

silver

"We are stardust, we are golden..."

RuddyDuck9Dobsherberto
  • rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran
    edited June 2016

Turned to 30 years today.
    20th June is my birthday. =)

RuddyDuck9mmo
  • MingleMingle Veteran

@syrphus said:

Spiritually it's hard to say. People have told me I seem very old but there are times when I have felt extremely young. The flow of that kind of time seems different to me, less of a straight and one-directional line than freer movement which might go backwards or forwards or in circles.

Sounds cool, I wish I could be five again. Man those days of playdough and finger painting were just so simple.

RuddyDuck9
  • DobsDobs Maine, USA Explorer

62 years so far in this incarnation.