Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Buddhist foolishness"

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

If Buddhism is largely a matter of investigating the fool anyone might prefer not to be, then perhaps this blog-noodling will encourage some clarity. It may be self-serving, but I felt like putting it here. Tnx for the indulgence. :)

Walkerlobster

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Tee hee! <3

I used to eat there. Really good noodles.
    Neo - The Matrix

The Sith-Buddhists, so to speak, sure are feisty. The Buddha, well known ex-warrior was a bit of a noodle stirrer too. There are I believe a new breed of dakini arising, to match the stolen empowerment of the men in saffron.

There is a more shut-up-till-enlightened requirement on dharma teachers.

Be kind, even if it means telling the Truth. Iz plan!

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Enraged Buddhism is a hard path if still melting to understand the 'spiritual'. Is anger a wrathful tool or a failure to accept smelting of iron defenses?

If we are in the company of the ignorant and place our detachment in the same arm, we have to turn the finger away from the sored. We may have soared with a broken sword and still fallen with pride.

There Is no value in foolishnes, unless it is ours broken.

As zenniths say, 'if you meet the Buddha on the road, you are going the wrong way'.

... I feel a hymn coming on ...

Onward, Buddhist soldiers!
    Marching as to awe,
    With the cross of Dharma
    Going on before.
    Buddha, the royal Master,
    Leads against the foe;
    Forward into battle,
    See his banners go!

All together now ...
    http://opcoa.st/0sm8j

herbertosilver
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@how said:
    My foolishness today....

A fool is simply a deification of foolishness over it's absence,
    with foolishness being the belief that anything is better than nothing.

Today I was in the difficult situation of dealing with three fools. Including me that makes four. Ay caramba, is there any hope ... :o

One of the realisations that @federica recently shared was that others are often reflecting their issues, rather than adding objective and wise solutions.
    Not only are we part of the problem like others and for others but we are foolish enough to think we are not and can offer skilful rather than 'this is what I would do' ...

If Buddhism is a path towards realizing no thing,
    a Buddhist fool, like any other fool, just describes anyone still searching elsewhere for anything.

Lobster faints: O.o
    There is a fool reading and writing and interacting. It is me.:open_mouth:

Where do I get my dharma refund? o:)

RuddyDuck9
  • I like your honest writing style Genkaku. It is not meant to be what a "good Buddhist" would write, but it is uncensored expression. Whether foolish or not is something you will continue to pay attention to, I am willing to bet.

I look back on my past and notice foolishness to such astounding degrees that it's hard not to sink down in shame and embarrassment, though I have learned though months and years of those emotions that they are nothing but anchors. Forgiving the fool (myself) is one of my most difficult challenges.

silverlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Well said @thegoldeneternity <3

I look back on my past and notice foolishness to such astounding degrees that it's hard not to sink down in shame and embarrassment, though I have learned though months and years of those emotions that they are nothing but anchors. Forgiving the fool (myself) is one of my most difficult challenges.

Challenge accepted?

Indeed. As a shameful, embarrassing fool myself, I am happy to forgive you. I am sure you are very forgiving of others. In a sense we are 'other too', in relation to our challenged self ...

Part of the reason I sometimes refer to myself in the third person is to clarify 'self as other'. In one sense our shame and embarrassment should not be wasted. It provides great insight into impeded, convoluted being. Sometimes worth illustrating/exploring ... for potential benefit ...

Foolishness is well known as a potential virtue in Christianity
    http://opcoa.st/0jjbl

My teacher had many 'foolish' attributes ...

... and now back to sensible foolishness ...

thegoldeneternity
  • I challenge you to a battle of forgiveness.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Challenge accepted! :p

I forgive the hordes of heaven and hell realms. I forgive Trump. I forgive the good, the bad and the unforgivable.

How am I doing?

I forgive the saintly, the hypocrites, the wrathful, the gods and their mysterious ways.

If I can forgive all that, a bit of embarrassing shame is easy to forgive ... B)

thegoldeneternity
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

@lobster I forgive you for being unforgivable <3

lobster