Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

World religion tree

DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

http://funki.com.ua/ru/portfolio/lab/world-religions-tree/

Fascinating.

Drag and drop with mouse pointer to move around the graphic. Enlarge with buttons at top left.

personkarastiSnakeskin

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Interesting. I feel like there could be more combining of branches to create paths, like they have Tibetan Bon coming out of Vajrayana where the reality is there was a preexisting shamanic Bon religion that was influenced by Vajrayana into becoming what it is today. Also Zen is thought to be heavily influenced by the Taoist religion and that isn't shown and I'm sure many other branches weave in and out of each other.

Snakeskin
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

OP, I'm not sure I'm getting the full picture. The tree itself only comes through very faded, and there's nothing else, no labeling or anything to indicate what person is seeing: details about traditions intertwining, etc. Do we need to have FB acc't in order to see it clearly?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

no, you need to click on '+' symbol to the left, several times, then 'travel' round the tree... The writing is blurred, but it clears.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

There is this, same exact thing, just a different site with all English and a bit more clear on how to use. You have to zoom way in (I just used my mouse wheel with the ctrl button and it worked fine as well) It's a really big chart so you have to zoom in pretty far to make sense of it

http://the40.org/world-religions-tree.html

zenyatta