Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Oracle with all the answers

NamadaNamada Veteran
edited July 2016 in General Banter

If there was an oracle who had all the true answers, what three questions would you wanted to asked the oracle ?

(You can only get answers to three questions max ) ;)

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I'll have to think about this but one question is likely to be about ice-cream. :p

silverkarastiRuddyDuck9person
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

No need for an oracle when you've got this.

• The last oracle got them all wrong....hmmmm.
    Must have been the triple helix.

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    I'll have to think about this but one question is likely to be about ice-cream. :p

The other two would probably be about luxury and English gentlemen.

federicaNamadaVastmindperson
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Why?
    How?
    When?

RuddyDuck9
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Did someone actually put Baby in the corner, or did she sit there of her own free will?
    What's in the FedEx box from Castaway??
    Why do most Disney characters have (or end up with) only one parent?

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh gosh yes...

Why has Mickey Mouse only got three fingers?
    Does Rapunzel use conditioner?
    Who died and made YOU God, God?

karastiRuddyDuck9Vastmind
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Walker said:

@SpinyNorman said:

The other two would probably be about luxury and English gentlemen.

Yes, they do rather go together. :p

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

only the monarchy could look annoyed while eating ice cream

silverDairyLamaWalkerNamada
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

well, would the oracle include small talk into the number of questions? If so, then I'd probably make the first one, "How've you been?" lol, then:

• what is the best occupation for me to make a living?
    • how can I make others happy?
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Oracle with all the answers

I would ask just the one question...What makes 'you' Mr Oracle happy ?

RuddyDuck9
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited July 2016
    • what is the meaning with life?
    • what happens after death?
    • what numbers should I choose for Saturday's lottery?
    person
    edited July 2016

@Namada said:

• what is the meaning with life?

Well... I know The Meaning of Liff...

• what happens after death?

For some people, much the same as happened before it...

• which number should I choose for Saturday's lottery?

NamadaRuddyDuck9Bunks
    edited July 2016

(Douglas Adams - the Author of the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and its 3 sequels, also collaborated with another Author, John Lloyd, and they then came up with a book containing the names of real towns throughout the UK [And subsequently, elsewhere] and gave these wonderful place-names a secondary meaning... Some of which make me snort my coffee all over my chromebook screen, which I think, can only improve it.

The attached document above, is the book painstakingly reproduced as a text, by an ardent admirer and lover of such humour. That's why it is in fact scattered with the odd typo... The book itself is eminently correct, and equally hilarious. Liff is a one-time sector of Dundee city, in Scotland. )

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited July 2016

which number should I choose for Saturday's lottery?

I meant of course all the lottery numbers, and the Oracle know I misspelled it so out of compassion she will give them all, maybe I will share some of my millions of money with people in NB. Just send my your bank account and one really good reason why I should give it to you ;)

Reason?
    I'm the Moderator, and I COULD Ban you (of course, I would never let the love of money sway me to such a heinous act.....)

Permit me to open a new account for tax evasion purposes.
    I'll get back to you....

Namada
  • row37row37 st pete, fl Explorer

I watched a youtube video recently of the Tibetan oracle for the first time. Can't remember which one. The wife and I had our mouths hanging open the whole time! There's nothing like that in our 20+ years of Zen practice, to say the least.

I am still not sure what to make of it (OK, I am, it's nuts), other than, if that's how someone makes their decisions, count me out.