Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Elie Wiesel Is Dead

I think it appropriate to mention his passing on July 2,2016. Another voice now silent. Soon all those who survived will be gone. May he know peace.

RatBoy

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2016

Wordless.

• DakiniDakini Veteran

Brilliant human! And yes, it is a bit concerning that those generations of witnesses are quickly dwindling.

• gracklegrackle Veteran

South Florida where I grew up at one time had quite a few survivors. Very recently the Mayor of Sunny Isles was one of the twins that Dr Mengele experimented upon. Sunny Isles was a short drive away. Pardon my rambling on.

• DakiniDakini Veteran

OMG, how horrible! It's one thing to read about these sick, diabolical things in a history book or article, but to actually know one of the victims? It brings it all a bit too close to home, so to speak. I grieve for humanity! Has the mayor published his story anywhere?

• gracklegrackle Veteran

She is very much a part of the book,"Children of the Flames"

RuddyDuck9
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited July 2016

@grackle said:
    She is very much a part of the book,"Children of the Flames"

Thank you. I just checked it out on Amazon, reading some of the reviews. I don't think I have the stomach for it. Good for the authors, though, for telling their story! I shudder to think what could happen once all the survivors are gone, and no one is left to stand up and say " I was there. This happened to ME."

• gracklegrackle Veteran

Yes it is hard to read. The photos could well be the source of horrid dreams. When those that survived are gone the historical revisionists will face little challenge.

lobsterRuddyDuck9