Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

12 Good Men and True...?

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

...Came across this article today, which gives food for thought. Very interesting....
As is usual, the concept of Theistic Faith is brought to the fore here....

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

As you probably know one of the men in Leonardo's pic, next to him, is 'a lady' - Ms Christ, the Magdalene ... however that is another story ...

It is interesting for those of us familiar with 'The Life of Brian' and its source material - god meets girl, god loses son, son becomes spiritual gangsta and is tortured and killed etc ...

You could not make this stuff up ... o:)

In dharma we have stories too and I feel their application is part of a journey or pigrimage beyond the superficial to "the wild things of God."

RuddyDuck9
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

I think this is all quite fascinating. I'd love to see a bit more common sense injected into the Christian Bible. This guy is coming from a really genuine place of scholarship and research.

One thing that bothered me though, (and it always reminds me of the movie Dogma) is that James is Baby J's older bro in this article. Yes perhaps he was. I'm not personally attached to the idea of virgin births. However, why can't he be the little bro? I mean, you can't tell me that Mary and Joseph never got it on, amirite? Or does giving birth to the savior of all humankind auto-sterilize you for the rest of your days?