Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to make the best use of our life?

misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a HinduIndia Veteran

Hi All,

What are your views/ideas on how to make the best use of our life? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Be happy, be good to others, show kindness. Do no harm.

That covers it.

lobstermisecmisc1RatBoy
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited July 2016

How to make the best use of our life?

Adhere as best as one can to the Four Noble Truths & Eightfold Path....

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Dear Friends of the Dharma,

Find Path. Stay on it.

What a ride!
    Harley Quinn :3 (bad girl!)

Dakini
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@lobster said:
    Dear Friends of the Dharma,

Find Path. Stay on it.

What a ride!
    Harley Quinn :3 (bad girl!)

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited July 2016

Have fun, help out and don't hurt anyone.

ShoshinRuddyDuck9lobster
  • Human life is worth more than anything we can imagine. We should try to live in accord to that by respecting all life.

Fosdick
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Be yourself ... no back-sliding.

• NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran

Give everyone a smile

DairyLamasilver
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

I tend to be a bit more of an activist. One can be kind to others in a day-to-day manner, but I feel that's not maximizing the potential of this precious lifetime in a world where there's so much need, so much suffering. I would ask you, OP: what are you doing in your community? Could you perhaps form a group of businesspeople or colleagues or friends who might be interested in helping the needy in some way? This could be anything, from charitable works to tutoring schoolchildren, or mentoring at-risk youth, or perhaps organizing to address an injustice or to change an unfair law, or something.

Just a thought.

RuddyDuck9pommesetoranges
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

connect with as many lives as possible. make someone smile every day.

lobsterperson
  • gracklegrackle Veteran

@RuddyDuck9. One of the best ways to help someone smile is to smile at them. The power of a smile helps out everyone.

lobstersilverRuddyDuck9
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

A nice cup of tea always helps - go on, go on, go on... :p

RuddyDuck9
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Ah ye will, ye will, ye will, ye will, ye will, ye will, ye will, ye will,ye will, YE WILL!!

• lobsterlobster Veteran

For those unfamiliar ... Mrs Doyle is housekeeper to three Catholic priests ...

silver
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

@Dakini said:
    I would ask you, OP: what are you doing in your community? Could you perhaps form a group of businesspeople or colleagues or friends who might be interested in helping the needy in some way? This could be anything, from charitable works to tutoring schoolchildren, or mentoring at-risk youth, or perhaps organizing to address an injustice or to change an unfair law, or something.

Just a thought.

I am more of a reserved kind of person, who does not want to socialize, so I am not doing anything in the community.

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

@misecmisc1 said:
    Hi All,

What are your views/ideas on how to make the best use of our life? Thanks in advance.

-Slow down, pay attention, do one thing at a time... and get a good night sleep.

lobstermisecmisc1