Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good News

Wil Can Fly

http://opcoa.st/0RjNr

I am still learning but some are already there ...
With all the doom and gloom, dukkha and crispy ducks, what good news catches your interest?

rohit

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I read about a rescued mare and her foal, being brought back from the brink of death by neglect and starvation, skeletally-thin, with little or no muscle mass, their skins a bed of open sores, restored to good full health and the mare being adopted by the policewoman who effected the rescue and arrest of the guilty party. The foal too, now grown, has found a great 'forever' home....
    I read about the Polish athlete who auctioned off the silver Olympic medal he had just won, to pay for a young child's eye operation (the child has cancer....)

It's the joy of 'little' things which keeps optimism beating....

lobstersilver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Seal escapes pack of hunting orca's... By climbing on board!

And I came across a very uplifting story about koala's in Australia surviving a major drought by approaching humans for water. The humans put out water buckets for the koala's throughout the drought, and now the koala's have mostly lost their fear of humans. Some even approach humans for a bit of scratching and petting in car parks and on sidewalks in towns.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    lobsterBunks
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Good News

The Dharma ....this is the best news ever :)

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes, thanks. @Shoshin, I'm not sure that's exactly what @lobster meant.... and yes, I am rolling my eyes.

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

With all the doom and gloom, dukkha and crispy ducks, what good news catches your interest?

The Dharma always catches my interest, and it's always good news even if at first one might think otherwise...

Ok, fair enough.... But I'm glad you abridged it, rather than putting it all down. There's only so much text a post can take!

I think it would be hard for anyone to personally top that one.....

Flashy news stories are one thing, @karasti . Personal peace of mind, contentment and security are a bonus. we're all really thrilled for you.

Dinner's on your H.!

yagrkarasti
  • @Kerome said:
    And for sources I have these...

huffingtonpost good news
    good news network
    positive.news

Outstanding. Thanks guys. Already found some great news in @Kerome links =) for recycling wisdom ...
    http://opcoa.st/0R29r

I find we can reinforce the Dukkha or preferably nirvana in samsara mindset. Most of us are aware of difficulties.

I was disappointed the orcas missed out on their supper. :p Ah well plenty more seals in the sea ...

Animals are our kin. So good news when koalas and seals come to us for refuge. Maybe I can start a fish farm refuge for fish. I think I will call it Ocean. ;)

Swaroop
  • The good news is that, despite all the fake news to the contrary, people really do care and really do help each other....

lobsterBunkskarasti

Isn't it sad when Bad News = Norm, Good News = Novelty...?

karasti
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Luxury!

• Indian State opens 'Ministry of Happiness' and decides to offer study of happiness.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/sep/22/india-technology-institute-art-of-happiness-under-microscope

Sounds like a useful plan ...

Bunks