Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Writing a Novel/Short Story on Twitter?!

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited September 2016 in General Banter

Hello yall! Hope everyone is well. I wanted to share with you a link to my Twitter- where I am trying to write a novel/short-story using Twitter. I thought about this for a while (3-5 years), but a few days decided to take the plunge. I would love your criticism or just simple thoughts on the flow and the like. Thanks!:) https://twitter.com/misterethoughts

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

We could do something similar here actually.

DaltheJigsaw
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    We could do something similar here actually.

Let's make it happen! Let's focus on prelude to Buddha?

• marcitkomarcitko Veteran
    edited September 2016

Once upon a time there was a boy who looking at those taller than him, the adults as they called themselves, saw that all was not right with the world of man....

DaltheJigsawlobster
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

If you're going to tell a story, then tell the story and save the preaching for later.

Beej

One day the Dairy Lama was cleaning out a freezer cabinet in Tesco when he came across a mysterious package.....

DaltheJigsaw

... Otherwise unlabeled, the package bore the simple words, "This one is for you."

DaltheJigsaw
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The writing was in ink, and the writer had obviously used either a fountain pen, or even a quill...

DaltheJigsaw

@genkaku said:
    If you're going to tell a story, then tell the story and save the preaching for later.

What do you mean?

@LeonBasin -- I was referring to this:

saw that all was not right with the world of man....

and to add to the story...

Who knows how long the package had gone unnoticed there below the boxes of Fordhook Lima Beans? The harder the Dairy Lama tried to remember, the less sure he became. And who, any longer, had a fountain pen, much less used a quill?

DaltheJigsaw
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

...The finger, having writ, moved on.....

@genkaku said:
    @LeonBasin -- I was referring to this:

saw that all was not right with the world of man....

and to add to the story...

Who knows how long the package had gone unnoticed there below the boxes of Fordhook Lima Beans? The harder the Dairy Lama tried to remember, the less sure he became. And who, any longer, had a fountain pen, much less used a quill?

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing!

The package was wrapped in thick brown paper and tied up with string. It felt like there was a box inside, and something rattled when the Dairy Lama gently shook it....

The Dairy Lama became aware that a small child had approached, and was standing next to him, looking up into his face with a quizzical look...

"What have you done with all the ice-cream?" she said.

"Ah" replied the Dairy Lama, mysteriously, "That's for me to know, and for you to find out!"
    For all his wise appearance, however, he had no clue what had happened to all the Ice cream.....

The Dairy Lama had come into work that morning, and as usual he'd started with a stock-check of the ice-cream freezer compartment, keen to ensure that his precious Neapolitan had not sold out. But to his surprise the ice-cream freezer was completely empty, and there at the bottom was the mysterious package. Feeling slightly panicky he'd rushed to check with the other staff on duty, but nobody knew anything about it.
    So where had the ice-cream gone, and what was in the mysterious package?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited September 2016

As the Dairy Lama carefully opened the package he found a ransom note with a picture of all the ice cream slowly melting...The note demanding "ONE MILLION DOLLARS!" :and it was signed "Lactose Intolerant" :wink:

Walker

The Dairy Lama assumed the ransom note was a joke by another member of staff, as the value of the missing ice-cream was less than £100. But the box inside the package was much more worrying.....