Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Nun the Wiser Center opening soon

I am very pleased that a Buddhist nunnery is awaiting funding and I look forward to their unique perspective ...
https://www.buddhistdoor.net/features/anukampa-bhikkhuni-project-the-first-buddhist-nunnery-in-the-uk

We mentioned the culture baggage of cushion meditation in another thread. The misogyny of some cultures has often been reinforced by its male Buddhist clergy. Now a new empowerment, insight and compassion is being encouraged.

As is often the case, it is the non gender biased who lead the way. It is quite clear the Buddha (awake) are women men. Or to put it another way, where is the gender in enlightenment?

Shoshin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think they felt entitled to bias due to this... enlightenment...

Mind you, that word is in mental, menstruation and manic.. guys, you drive us bloody potty!

To be serious though, that is heartwarming and brilliant news.... I will make a decisive point of attending or visiting it as soon as it has opened, which I am in no doubt, will certainly happen. @lobster, I'm certain you have posted about this in the website our own resident bhante introduced us to....hich will give it a broader exposure.

• ^^. Tee Hee.

Ajahn Brahm is doing a UK tour to raise funds for the ladies - oh I iz wikid ...
    http://anukampaproject.org/retreats/

Good monks and nuns are like precious jewels ... hey where did I read that ... oh yes the three jewels.

Bunks