Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Beyond Seeker

Yesterday in the genteel part of flag waving brexit-land, I came across two noisy ultra-spirituals loudly discussing their new yoga studio and finding and collecting 'beautiful' autumn street leaves as signs of aware sanity.

Are the forces of 'light my fire' and Dharma lite becoming mainstream? Are we all on a path? Still drowning in samsara or joining a new game?

finders keepers (losers weepers)

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yoga and mindfulness are definitely dharma lite and have tiptoed into the mainstream. Which i think is very good, it will help many.

lobster
  • Mostly dharma lite as you say but they have cool 8 limberings too ..
    http://www.yogajournal.com/article/beginners/the-eight-limbs/

Better addicted to yoga than twinkies (whatever the hell samsara they are) o:)

Game On!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Kerome said:
    Yoga and mindfulness are definitely dharma lite and have tiptoed into the mainstream. Which i think is very good, it will help many.

I have to say I came to this path via the circuitous yet entertaining route of 'new-agey' stuff... It took a while, but through constant exposure to "Right Buddhism" I ditched the 'lite' and got into 'heavy'. Probably not as much, intensely or profoundly as I should, but I can now look back and laugh at some of the things I did, which actually, brought me to this point.

So if many opt for Dhamma-lite' there is always the possibility that in some hearts and minds, the embryonic seed of The 3 jewels has been planted, and is just waiting for the right conditions (like any lotus) to sprout, grow and bloom....

lobster
  • @Kerome said:

Indeed :)

Mindfulness, though suitable for beginners, is also an advanced practice. Continuous meditation. I was engaged in it today, though for Bodhisattva reasons, o:) I don't stay there all the time ... Very nice it was, just like being enlightened ...

... and now back to the Beyonder ...

• So if many opt for Dhamma-lite' there is always the possibility that in some hearts and minds, the embryonic seed of The 3 jewels has been planted, and is just waiting for the right conditions (like any lotus) to sprout, grow and bloom....

Indeed.
    The three Jewels, like the legendary/mythical 3 wise men are my favourite yogis

Buddha - professional yogi
    Sangha - professional community yogis
    Dharma - armchair yoga
    Balthazar - Guru

OM MANI PEME HUM
    as they say in Japa Yoga ...

• Once the seed is planted, it will eventually grow.