Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

Hmm, I'm getting testosterone overload from this thread. How 'bout a little estrogen?

ajhayestom_hitt
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2016

One of my favourite hometown bands.

Bunks
  • Listening to a medley of party hits, as my neighbours are having a birthday celebration.

'Dancing Queen - Abba' is the latest ... ;)

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

What is Music without Dance? Mr. Bojangles (sung by Whitney Houston, with her husband, Bobby Brown, dancing)

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

This is more my style

nakazcid
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2016

Found this today, as a linking word in The word association thread....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2016

And just to show that some things are truly timeless (apart from portly figures and paunches, big hair and wrinklies!)

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I prefer Pete Townshend's windmill. Although, apparently, he ripped off the move from Keith Richards.

• RatBoyRatBoy St. Louis area New

The Raspberries!

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Something nice by a Scottish band:

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"The Raft" Fat Freddy's Drop....

Bunks
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Something from the excellent Transatlantic Sessions series:

NamadaJeroen
  • Henbane by Belleruche

https://youtu.be/MENK8Wkv1kM?list=FL0OBazzwPdkL9-hobcNc4gg

Some stories will never be forgotten
    They’ll chase you round your carelessness
    Switching up till memory cant be trusted
    Shadows dance through consciousness
    You got to

You got to deal with it
    You got to deal with it

Switching characters oh so many
    Re-inventions are so plenty
    Don’t recognise yourself from time to time
    Questioning nothing without reason or rhyme
    You got to

You got to deal with it
    You got to deal with it

Now bring them out bring them one by one
    In one straight line bring them one by one
    Its up to the wall to take them down one by one

It´s times like these you need your friends
    Battles are far easier shared
    Than sat on driving yourself crazy
    Or we´ll bring causalities in the end

You got to deal with it
    You got to deal with it

A blast from the past. "Frame by frame" by King Crimson.

edited November 2016

One of my favourites, I love the energy and the guitar is great.
    "LA Woman" by The Doors.
    Play it loud!

Walkerherberto
  • @Bunks said:
    I don't listen to music anymore (apart from the odd Yo Gabba Gabba or Play School kiddies cd).
    I used to love hard rock / heavy metal but find it far too big a distraction to the path I have decided to follow......

It says that you're in Oz. Not sure if this is your age group but in case, here's a classic, and good for compassion and the dharma.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-11/the-real-soldier-behind-the-australian-vietnam-veterans-anthem/8013132

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited November 2016

My favorite <3

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Tiddlywinds said:

@Bunks said:
    I don't listen to music anymore (apart from the odd Yo Gabba Gabba or Play School kiddies cd).
    I used to love hard rock / heavy metal but find it far too big a distraction to the path I have decided to follow......

It says that you're in Oz. Not sure if this is your age group but in case, here's a classic, and good for compassion and the dharma.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-11/the-real-soldier-behind-the-australian-vietnam-veterans-anthem/8013132

Thank you @Tiddlywinds - it's always interesting to hear the back story to songs I think. Especially one as iconic in my country as this one.

edited November 2016

For some inexplicable reason, my H was listening to Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody!" He can't stand Slade. Listening to Noddy Holder sing, I'm amazed the guy's vocal cords still work...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited November 2016

Good meditation music, though not long enough. This whole album is awesome btw.

Amos Lee at the Transatlantic Sessions... love this track.

DairyLama

Those Transatlantic Sessions are great, a real mix of material.

John Martyn, "Small Hours". The song starts around 0:55.

• I really need something new and relaxing to listen to, any suggestions? I have a very eclectic taste in music.

Ok I don't 'need' it per say, I could just sit here and enjoy the silence instead :-)

Though I think I would rather enjoy discovering a new auditory experience to inspire my senses.

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

@Lee82 I find this kind of music relaxing

@Lee82 said:
    Though I think I would rather enjoy discovering a new auditory experience to inspire my senses.

I discovered Christine and the Queens last year, something different.

I've been exploring some mantra's set to music, this I found really relaxing and invigorating.

federicalobster
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited November 2016

Whenever I'm feeling a bit depressed, I do a quick search for Japanese music videos. I have no idea what they're singing, but how can you not get a lift from something like this?

TiddlywindsShoshin
  • @Cinorjer said:
    I have no idea what they're singing

I don't think they are singing anything but a lot of clucking!

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited November 2016

1st of December is officially summertime...So....

In the summertime when the weather is fine......

And the living is easy

• @Shoshin said:
    1st of December is officially summertime...So....

In the summertime when the weather is fine......

He says to have a drink and then drive. Oh, 1971 was a golden year - the era of big hair for men. ah, and he has the great musical instrument: a bottle he blows into.

• @Cinorjer said:
    Whenever I'm feeling a bit depressed, I do a quick search for Japanese music videos. I have no idea what they're singing, but how can you not get a lift from something like this?

This is Chinese. (But I have no idea what they are singing... Or clucking.)

Have you heard this one?

• @Shim, do you think it's a title song for a movie? or just a weird pop song?

• Wow. When they get weird, they don't go halfway.

• @Tiddlywinds said:
    @Shim, do you think it's a title song for a movie? or just a weird pop song?

The apple song was made for a movie called "Old Boys: The Way of the Dragon" but the song alone has been hugely popular in China.
    I also found an article about that chicken song: it was inspired by a dream and there are no lyrics in the song, just "cluck cluck day". :D

I nearly broke my neck on a pair of platforms very similar to those! Ah the damn-fool things we do, because we think "I make this look Gooood!"

Namadasilver
  • Just listening to "Mortal Flesh" by Christian Forshaw. One of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

herberto
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@nakazcid said:
    Hmm, I'm getting testosterone overload from this thread. How 'bout a little estrogen?

Outstanding song.

I came across this for meditating or going to sleep to... works beautifully.

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

-Christmas music...