Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

buddhist~wannabe in northeast oklahoma, usa

iamzcancerfree2013iamzcancerfree2013 northeast oklahoma usa New

(ᵔᴥᵔ) 72 yo disabled veteran living in a very small town in northeast oklahoma... prolly less than 30 minutes from fayetteville, arkansas (to the east)... and about an hour from tulsa, oklahoma (to the west)... the area is known to be called "green country"... it is also cherokee nation... i am pretty much an outsider to the "maybe" 1000 residents... i have been reading and studying buddhism here, for about 3-4 years... i would think that i am the only buddhist (my intention)... but even more telling is that i would say there is probably not any other sentient being in this town who has even said the word, let alone read anything about buddhism! i have never been to a zen center or sangha due to my living alone here, there are four buddhist centers in fayetteville, arkansas, but i have yet to take a visit in that direction... my buddhist activity has been reading many books and studying online... many authors and teachers, my last book which is now placed into my personal library, to give you an idea of where i am spiritually, was thich naht hahn's OLD PATH WHITE CLOUDS, which i really enjoyed... i've read many more books and have kept my favorites as i build my personal collection... i do not even know a buddhist... so i have been on my own, which is okay... i have no family at all, never have... and i have been single and alone for close to 20 years... i have a lot to share and will try to come here on a regular basis...

if there is someone here there or anywhere who is a more established buddhist and loves to share and communicate, and would care to have a regular email pal, i would love to have you contact me... i love to write and email fits for me best...

i am in a stuck place right now with some health issues which have me sorta headed in the direction of a cripple, so i will be here more as much as i can... i very much need you all... thank you and my hope for you is that joys and happiness sprinkle many, many good and loving blessings upon everyone here and where you live and practice your spirituality and faith!

"z" ✌(-‿-)✌~peace~love~gratitude~grace~healing~

lobsterBuddhadragonFosdicksilverCinorjerKundoVastmindBunksherbertoTigger

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Please feel free to consider us your virtual sangha, @iamzcancerfree2013.
    Make yourself at home <3

upekkalobsterVastmind
  • @iamcancerfree2013. I am a vet soon to be 69. We may have some areas of common ground. Hope you like it here.

upekkaBuddhadragonlobsterVastmind
  • Welcome and I consider this diverse group here to be my own Sangha. I hope you jump in with both feet.

upekkaVastmindBuddhadragonSteve_B
  • Welcome to NudeBuddhist NewBuddhist.

I am isolated too but sometimes I get free of my restraints O.o

People here have kindly put up with my gibbering, so feel free to express ...

KundoVastmindBuddhadragonherberto
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Hi! See you around... :)

Buddhadragon
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Welcome @iamcancerfree2013. Hope you find something useful here.

I have to say that as I get older I become more and more flabbergasted by anyone who says they are all alone in their Buddhism, that there's not a Buddhist around for miles. The only usefulness I find in such a point of view is that it may encourage the investigation of the way(s) in which the individual defines "Buddhism." Is it just the bling and the scriptures and the lovely centers? Is it the bumper stickers? Is it acting like some serene weirdo? Is "Buddhism" Buddhism because it's called "Buddhism?" Is it missing because someone has never said the word?

Naturally, everyone would like to hang out with friends, but just because the desire is not yet fulfilled hardly means that friends are somehow missing. Be patient, be attentive, and try not to hit the oil derricks. :)

BuddhadragonBunksherberto
  • I know a couple in Tulsa that was interested in Buddhism. They drove to another state to connect with a teacher, and then I think he came to their house. So there doesn't seem to be anything in the general vicinity, but I'll ask. In the meantime, we're here for you. :)