Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

For when you want some entertainment

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I came across this film on YouTube, it was recommended by a friend and has strong Buddhist themes, it's called Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...Spring. It had been on my shortlist of Buddhist-inspired films for a while, but until now I hadn't been able to find it even on DVD, so it's nice that it is now freely available. I enjoyed watching it, so when you feel like some mindless entertainment this might hit the spot...

Shoshin

Comments

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited December 2016

Thanks @Kerome, I already own it on DVD but haven't watched it in a while. If you can find it in PAL or other european compatible format, Why has Bodhidharma Gone to the East is worth a watch.

• Watched it on YouTube a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately you can't get it anywhere as a digital download or I'd buy it.

If you enjoy that then check out some of Kim Ki Duk's other films, they're fabulous!

Others I have enjoyed in recent times are Ikiru (also possible to find on (YouTube) and Into The Wild.

• I didn't like it, when it came out some years ago. I felt it was too samsaric. That's just me, I guess.

lobster