Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Cricket and the path

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
edited December 2016 in General Banter

I was just dwelling on two of my great passions in life and the similarities between them. The game of cricket and this wonderful path. Bear with me:

Cricket is slow and requires patience. Ditto the path

Cricket is like a religion in India.
Ditto the path

Cricketers wear whites
Ditto some lay practitioners on the path

Cricket is governed by a set of rules.that can be difficult to understand and some find absurd
Ditto the path

A cricket game can last a number of days and ends with no results
Ditto Soto Zen meditation

A type of cricket has been developed over time that includes lots of colour, bright lights and pizazz.
Ditto Tibetan Buddhism

I'm sure there are more!

Shoshin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Self/Not-Self (and dependent origination) plus re-birth:
    You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
    When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

BunksKundosilver
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:

I'm sure there are more!

Cricket is tennis on valium :tongue:

Shoshin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@dhammachick said:

@Bunks said:

I'm sure there are more!

Cricket is tennis on valium :tongue:

Ha! Hey, saw your earlier post btw. Great news chick!!! :)

Kundo
  • I think I got the wrong cricket, Grasshopper ... ;)

Lobster out.

BunksKundo
  • @Bunks said:
    I was just dwelling on two of my great passions in life and the similarities between them. The game of cricket and this wonderful path. Bear with me:

Cricket is slow and requires patience. Ditto the path

Cricket is like a religion in India.
    Ditto the path

Cricketers wear whites
    Ditto some lay practitioners on the path

Cricket is governed by a set of rules.that can be difficult to understand and some find absurd
    Ditto the path

A cricket game can last a number of days and ends with no results
    Ditto Soto Zen meditation

A type of cricket has been developed over time that includes lots of colour, bright lights and pizazz.
    Ditto Tibetan Buddhism

I'm sure there are more!

Stream Winning is the match fixing

BunksZenshin

@upekka said:

Stream Winning is the match fixing

I thought that was the...... Nevermind

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Enlightenment is a perfect length inswinging yorker taking out one's centre stump.

Bunks

@Kerome said:
    Enlightenment is a perfect length inswinging yorker taking out one's centre stump.

Mitchell Starc!!

edited December 2016

Steve Smith's enlightenment however

BunkssilverShoshin
  • ^^. Interesting form of prostrations ... looks very grounding ...

KundoBunksShoshin
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited December 2016

cricket use sticks
    ditto zen practice

cricket players hate to loose and a team its like a tribe
    ditto diffrent buddhist sanghas

Bunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

The Buddha was an English gentleman. According to the lost suttas of the Spiny Nikaya he invented cricket and also cucumber sandwiches.

BunksKundo
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited December 2016

I have never played cricket or seen a hole game (there is no tradition for playing this in my country) what makes cricket so exiciting?

@Namada said:
    I have never played cricket or seen a hole game (there is no tradition for playing this in my country) what makes cricket so exiciting?

It's a bunch of men hitting their balls or chasing their balls shrugs

I think it's the most boring sport in the world..... along with golf.

@SpinyNorman said:
    The Buddha was an English gentleman. According to the lost suttas of the Spiny Nikaya he invented cricket and also cucumber sandwiches.

Explains so much!

• To an onlooker who has no idea what's going on, Cricket is a bunch of people standing around doing nothing much with occasional breaks. To an onlooker who has no idea what's going on, Zazen is a bunch of people sitting around doing nothing much with occasional breaks.

Bunks
  • I can't attempt to watch a cricket game without wanting to see them rundown and tag the batter when he hits the ball but before he slides back into home. In my neighborhood, we had a game called "Pickle" where we set up two bases, home plate and "that other one" and when the batter hit a ball, he got to run back and forth as many times as he could while counting the times he tagged a base. The kid who finally caught the ball or took it away from the dog that nabbed it had to run back and tag the runner. No throwing it to someone else. Then that kid got to be the next batter and try to beat the score. Now that was an interesting game with two bases!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Bunks said:

@Kerome said:

Mitchell Starc!!

He's very good, but is he up to the level of the best?

@Kerome said:

@Bunks said:

@Kerome said:

Mitchell Starc!!

He's very good, but is he up to the level of the best?

Yes! Akram was the master!

@Namada said:

Nothing! That's why one needs patience.

ShoshinNamada

@Bunks said:

Nothing! That's why one needs patience.

Or AFL instead :lol: