Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Season's Greetings

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

Following on from @David's post ... If you see the Santa on the road...(Thank you)

...Ho Ho Ho ...and may Hotei bring all sentient beings wholesome & wonderful 'presence' Ho Ho Ho <3

Have merry moments one and all :)

Metta

DavidJeroenlobsterBuddhadragonCinorjerKundoVastmind

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Nice statue! And season's greetings to you too...

Shoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Kerome said:
    Nice statue! And season's greetings to you too...

Can you just imagine what a doctor would tell him....?!

JeroenKundo
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @Shoshin - you too!

They're forecasting 35c here tomorrow so we'll be in the pool at my brothers for sure.

ShoshinKundo
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

God bless us, every one!

BunksShoshinlobsterVastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Thanks @Shoshin - you too!

They're forecasting 35c here tomorrow so we'll be in the pool at my brothers for sure.

Thanks @Bunks ....

Put plenty of sun block on @Bunks ...It will be a lot cooler here I think 21 22c...is the forecast for tomorrow...I might pay a visit to the beach :)...My daughter and her boyfriend were up from Wellington and came over for the day...We had a nice vege pizza lunch at Onetangi beach, it was a bit windy, but nice... :)

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited December 2016

Bah humbug err, I mean have a nice one!

Vastmind
  • Merry Christmas everyone!!

VastmindBuddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2016

Christmas done. We celebrate Christmas Eve.

Peace to All.

Here is what happened to one of my relatives:

We've got 12 people turning up tomorrow morning, from Spain, and I'm organising accommodations in both my house and next doors house (the owners are in Australia and have let us use it over Christmas) but sadly, before I could go in next door and organise beds and things, the house has been burgled and so not only am I organising my biggest Christmas ever, I have had to deal with police, and CSI, urgent double glazing and securing of the house, and clean-up, and all sorts. It's been awful trying to get everything ready. We will very likely still be out tomorrow afternoon, which is such a shame, as we won't be there for a Skype with you. I hope we can have a Skype some time over Christmas???? Do you have any other plans for a family gathering?

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best Christmas Eve meal if we don't get to speak...

Laugh? I could hardly stop!
    (only joking)

Part of my reply:
    Hi Christine, Adrian, Armada, burglars (boo!), beloved officers of the Law, Baby Jesus (Birthday Boy) and the most talked about Christmas for years to come (aka Christmas mayhem - boo!),

Buddhadragon
    edited December 2016

Sadly @lobster, it would seem that season's greeting does not always bring good tidings ... Metta

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Have a very happy Christmas Morning...

Joy, giving, family, and peace—people of all faiths can celebrate these values of the holiday season. Eight Buddhists offer their take on yuletide dharma.

http://www.lionsroar.com/have-a-very-buddhist-christmas/

Buddhadragon
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Make a happy day! Merry Christmas everyone!

Yaaaaas! NB snow! <3=)

ShoshinsilverBuddhadragon
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Merry Christmas everybody! Have a great day. =)

ShoshinBuddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

And yes, as is by now a steadfast tradition, @Linc has given us snow on Christmas day, on the "Recent Discussions" index.... So excuse me, I'm off to build a snowman, and I'm gonna call him Parson brown....

Linc
  • Merry Christmas newbuddhists. I've never celebrated Christianity but don't see Christmas as a Christian event in these times, and I'd never deny my kids the chance to share in the fun, festivities and family get-togethers.

Have a great one!

Shoshinsilver
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran
    edited December 2016

The local Buddhist center, which normally has meditation and readings on Sundays at 11:00, was closed today for Christmas!

silver
  • Is it over yet? :p

Vastmind

...Almost.... and I, for my part, can't wait to see the back of it.

• I love the snow effect! Thought I had developed an eye problem for a minute.

silverShoshin
  • I can't see the snow on my iPhone or iPad; I have to use the computer to see it, even though it's the same browser (Safari) on all three. But I see it now, and I remember it from last year, so thanks for the smile.

• And I just noticed that the snow sometimes drifts right-to-left, and sometimes left-to-right. And the snowflakes dwell on the bottom of the frame for a few moments before they sublimate.

^^^ Thanks for my vocab word today :glasses:

sublimate : goes straight from a solid to gas....no liquid phase.

Shoshin
    edited December 2016

Time is ticking "World Clock"

.....Just six hours to go for this time zone :)

May many happy moments make up your new year :)

Vastmind
    edited December 2016

Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to health, wealth and wisdom!

I'ts going to be a good year for me.....good bye 2016!

ShoshinlobsterWalker