Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Enlightenment dreams

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I had an enlightenment dream last night, it was pretty interesting. There was a kind of generalised bliss, and a sparkly golden light, and I was taken on a kind of tour of a spiritual realm, a place where various beings lived partially awake in little cubicles. I woke up, and said to myself, "I really must have a cup of tea and recover", and while I was still lying in bed, my mind suddenly disappeared and I was back in bliss. Then after what seemed like a few moments I was back again, and got up and had my tea... it was 2:31 am.

Looking at it awake it's pretty funny, my mind seems to have little concept of what awakening really is and seems to think bliss and special effects lights are the answer. It made me laugh pretty hard to write this post.

Have you ever had an enlightenment dream?

ShoshinDavid

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes. It was unexpected, both in its arrival, and content.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

If it's a dream it can't be (about) enlightenment ...Think about it :)

But the path itself is an enlightenment dream of sorts...

"All we see and seem is but a dream within a dream!"

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Whenever I increase or change my meditation and yoga practices, I have some crazy dreams. I had a dream once that I was running from bad men at a waterpark on an island in the lake near my home. I dove in the water and swam, and when I came out of the water, I was an old Indian man with no teeth and long hair. There was a pod on the beach with books but I could also fly it to another planet, and I couldn't decide. Then some of my neighbors came down and I decided I must stay in the pod (which was half submerged in water) on the beach and help them. :lol: So far, most of those neighbors have since died, so not sure how much help I've been!

David
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

I have never dreamed of being enlightened, but sometimes I will daydream about it as I go about daily tasks - i.e. I pretend to be Buddha - and observe how my actions and my sense of the world are altered. Very interesting, sometimes.

lobsterJeroenDavid
  • Good practice @Fosdick

We are on the whole, dreaming ourself awake.

@Shoshin said:
    But the path itself is an enlightenment dream of sorts...

The Buddha is an awakening Guide/idealisation.

Fosdick
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

There was one I had where I was told of an implanted disease in the fabric of the Tao itself and I had to exist on a different plane to realign it. It was like a giant snowflake fractal and I had to connect and construct crystal pathways to replace ones that were disolved and diseased.

Not quite an enlightenment dream I guess but it was pretty neat.

Last night I had one where I discovered a new way to harness energy. I tried to get back to it so I could figure it out but you know how that goes.