Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy New Year

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited January 2017 in NewBuddhist.com

Thanks to everyone on New Buddhist. Our hardworking technical support, moderators and lurkers. Our insightful and inspirational posters. Our kindly advisors and well wishers. Our dharma trolls and alternative perspective providers. Our mediators and meditators, chanters and dharma expounders ... new and olde members. Bravo to us all.

Every day a new day and year begins. Traditionally we wish each other A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Day too <3

Over on https://insighttimer.com
I have been collecting gold stars, resolving to meditate every day this year.
Yes a resolution! What are you resolved to?

mine are:

• Be kind to fish
  • Be magickal
  • Have fun

Iz plan.

BunkssilverShoshinwojciechJaySonDavidDhammika

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I'm gonna keep on believin' in meditation and mindfulness,
    remind myself the insights it has brought to me.
    I feel smarter already n there's such a long road ahead.
    No more are we there yet. B)

Shoshin
  • My plans are to keep up my zazen and go to the zendo. Also, love!

Thanks for being so welcoming and happy new year to you all!

Shoshin
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

Happy new year! I couldn't stop meditating if I tried. The concentrated mind feels too peaceful to stop.

wojciechBunkslobsterShoshin
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Happy new year everyone. I plan to achieve concentration, en progress on from my current diffuse floatiness while meditating.

ShoshinJaySon
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

All beings?! Aw shucks.
    (I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it!) :mrgreen:

JaySon
  • NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran

Happy New Year - Wish everyone the best - Always go back to our Buddha nature.

For me, keep chanting Amitabha Buddha ( go Pureland Buddhism :-))

A Mi To Fo, A Mi To Fo, A Mi To Fo...

Cheers

lobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I have resolved not to mutter "Bah humbug" until mid-December. :p

lobster
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Happy New Year Everyone!

Myself, I plan on meditating more (haven't really been doing it and I can feel it) as well as health and happiness. I also plan on counteracting the worlds negativity with my own positivity.....like a Care Bear (I'm a child of the 80's lol). Anyone have a good book that helps with meditation or an audio of sounds that help you meditate...I'm kinda a beginner.

• Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

Happy New Year all :)

My goal this year to to find more balance and equanimity, rather than allowing emotions to topple me off my perch! Being mindful of thoughts arising and let them go before they cause havoc.

Steve_B
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited January 2017

@lobster said:
    Thanks to everyone on New Buddhist. Our hardworking technical support, moderators and lurkers. Our insightful and inspirational posters. Our kindly advisors and well wishers. Our dharma trolls and alternative perspective providers. Our mediators and meditators, chanters and dharma expounders ... new and olde members. Bravo to us all.

Every day a new day and year begins. Traditionally we wish each other A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Day too <3

Over on https://insighttimer.com
    I have been collecting gold stars, resolving to meditate every day this year.
    Yes a resolution! What are you resolved to?

Find the TARDIS