Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Anyone been to Malta?

Going away again in Feb cause I have 5 weeks off work (at least). So I think going abroad again is definitely a good shout.

I've decided on going to Malta as It seemed cheap and reasonably warm (warmer then England anyway. Can't wait to do the airport thing, visit a new place and get catered on again.

Just wondering what you guys who have been think of the place. I don't really care about partying or amazing food, I just like to walk around, see cool stuff and go hiking through rocks and down the beach.

Comments

• I haven't but my wife has and she loved it. Enjoy!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I haven't been but I know there is a lot of history on Malta... the knights of Malta, there are some paintings Caravaggio made when he spent time there, some old shamanic traditions, all kinds of things.

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

I haven't personally but my GF has and really enjoyed it.

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

My wife and I made a stop there on a cruise and it was lovely. Nice sights to see, pleasant climate.

Should be a fun place for a vacation.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

WE had a wonderful friend, called Mickey, who was gay, and Maltese. He had what I can only term as an evidently gay voice. I miss him terribly (he's not dead, he just emigrated to Oz....) but he could change his voice to a base baritone, and speak in a Maltese accent, ending every sentence with the artifice, "innit...?!" Maltese is a Composite language taking something from Arabic, but with heavy influence of Sicilian-Italian. Sicily is of course, in and of itself, very heavily influenced by North African Tradition and culture....

Mingle
  • Any Idea what the temperature is gonna be like in February? I'd love to go snorkelling but I guess that's probably a bit ambitious.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
  • Thanks that did help.