Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

MLK Day

Today is Martin Luther King day here in the US. Please join me in appreciation of a truly great person. A person who faced up to his own fears and doubts on the way to changing the landscape of the US. He had a great and beautiful dream that still lives. He also had the raw courage to face Selma and the Edmund Pettus bridge. A real mensch.

lobsterKannonTiggerJaySonkarastisilverShoshinFosdickVastmind

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder <3

He was a great orator and like so many others stood up to injustice, ignorance and as you say his own fears and doubts. We have a new mensch generation who are standing up to oppression because of Martin Luther King ... Bravo!

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Martin Luther King was a great man!

He, among many reminds me of one of my favorite quotes of all time.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead

• @lobster. I grew up in the time of a resurgent Klan. white citizens councils and all the machinery of terrorism. It was an incredibly ugly time. The assassinations, the beatings and senseless acts of brutality. The church bombings in Birmingham,Al ect. @ Tigger. Thanks for quote by Margaret Mead. Yes we can.

lobsterVastmind
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

• @silver. Congrats. I am very glad you are with us.

• JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@silver happy bday!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Happy Birthday @silver! <3

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Happy birthday @silver!

I always wonder what the world would be like had he, and others, lived much longer. Shaun King reminds me a bit of a Malcolm X. So perhaps they haven't given up on Samsara yet!

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Happy Birthday @silver

• Happy birthday to Silver!
    And also to MLK.

• Had Malcolm X lived particularly after completing the Haj and the changes he under went he would have been a unifier. Imagine he and MLK working together. Both men saw the light. We are poorer for their absence.

One mans opinion.

TiggerZenshinsilverlobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Happy birthday @silver _ /\ _

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

Happy birthday @silver

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Ah, thank you my dear sangha! <3
    I'm feeling warm n fuzzy all over! :grin:

VastmindTigger
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(You can get tablets for that.....)

VastmindKundosilverTigger
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Happy Bday @silver!!!! :awesome: