Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Breathe in...

SabbySabby Explorer
edited March 2013 in Meditation
Breathe in "...love myself"

Breathe out "...love others"

Very simple, I made it up as my little mantra, not original or anything but It gives me the tingles when i mean it. lol.
MaryAnnelobsterpegembaraStraight_ManLucy_BegoodchelaVastmindriverflowAmakelaTiggerBeejShoshinsatcittananda

Comments

• DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    Sabby said:

Breathe in "...love myself"

Breathe out "...love others"

Very simple, I made it up as my little mantra, not original or anything but It gives me the tingles when i mean it. lol.

Simplicity is sometimes best I think :)
    Sabbyriverflowpegembara
  • how do you know 'in breath' is 'in breath' but not 'out breath'?

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

You do realize this thread is like 4 years old?

Tiggersatcittananda
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@upekka said:
    how do you know 'in breath' is 'in breath' but not 'out breath'?

easy. Expansion, Contraction.

Now, will that be all?

Tigger
  • techietechie India Veteran

@silver said:

I realized it as I was breathing out. ;)

Steve_Blobstersilver
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

If you're waiting for a response from the OP, I wouldn't hold it, either....

• @silver said:

the question is important irrespective of the starting date of the thread
    do you mean i should have started a new thread to ask the question?

@federica said:

@upekka said:

easy. Expansion, Contraction.

Now, will that be all?

no
    do you mean expansion is in breath and contraction is out breath ?
    if so how did you know that?

@federica said:
    If you're waiting for a response from the OP, I wouldn't hold it, either....

why can't you let some one who doing the breathing meditation answer it after doing bit of experiment

as a second thought, if you feel like, close the thread, i do not mind

Sometimes, @upekka what seem to be 'profound' questions are really not useful.
    Expansion [in]/contraction [out] is a biological happening, there's nothing mysterious about it, and trying to divine some other hidden practice or deeper meaning, is really akin to looking for self/not-self, which is in itself, a pointless exercise.

THAT is also a subject that has been done to death, flogged to within a millimetre of its usefulness....

KundoPer4umer
  • @upekka said:

The question is easy to answer, facile actually, at a superficial level. You are getting responses based only on superficial semantics because the deeper meaning of your question, if there is one, can't be discerned from the too-few words you have used. If you would like to have a thoughtful discussion around a particular perspective, you will find this to be a most thoughtful group of people, but you're going to have to tell us what the perspective is. We can't guess, as you can see. Tell us what you're thinking. Why do you ask this question?

Vastmind

@upekka said:....why can't you let some one who doing the breathing meditation answer it after doing bit of experiment

Firstly, because the thread is originally not about Breathing meditation per se, but about a personal Mantra recited by the OP, as she sat in meditation.
    So yes, perhaps a new thread may well have been more topical and pertinent....

Furthermore, actually, @Steve_B puts it very well.

@Steve_B said: The question is easy to answer, facile actually, at a superficial level. You are getting responses based only on superficial semantics because the deeper meaning of your question, if there is one, can't be discerned from the too-few words you have used. If you would like to have a thoughtful discussion around a particular perspective, you will find this to be a most thoughtful group of people, but you're going to have to tell us what the perspective is. We can't guess, as you can see. Tell us what you're thinking. Why do you ask this question?

I think that is very well put to you..... A more concrete response might be forthcoming if the question were better elucidated. Have another go....

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

@silver said:

-It's a good thread though :-)

Steve_BKundo
  • Breath in awesomeness

Breath out Fucks not yet given

KannonsilverPer4umer
  • breathe in ;closer to 'your god' / inner divinity / insert deity here____
    breathe out ; surrender, let go.
    no, 100% Let Go
    :)

Tigger
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Per4umer said:
    breathe in ;closer to 'your god' / inner divinity / insert deity here____
    breathe out ; surrender, let go.
    no, 100% Let Go
    :)

Hey @Per4umer - is it "Performer" or "Perfumer"?

Or per-four-umer....?

Per4umer
  • it is what it is
    ;)

Tigger

And it's not what it's not. or what-not. :p

Tiggersilver