Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Faith?

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the Dharma.
I take refuge in the Sangha.

Special bonus prize for Tantric Buddhists:
I take refuge in the Lama/Guru

That is a declaration of confidence/faith in the Middle Way. It is our resonance and alignment. Without that basis we are just another spiritual dilettante. It gives us the confidence to question everything, not a requirement of course. Do we know what is useful and expose bad gnus, wannabe Buddhas, rubbish dharma and soppy sanghas, if we are earnest? Perhaps ...

The three jewels an ideal that we bow to, respect and know deserves our devoted attention.

Here is a Chinese version of formal bowing designed for 88 Buddha practice, whatever that is ...

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the Dharma.
I take refuge in the Sangha.

KundoFosdickBunksTiggerkarastiBuddhadragon

Comments

• Good news @grackle <3
    Look like Pureland practitioners?

As far as I am concerned a practice like this is very grounding. Powerful physical exercise. If we do 88 or rounds of 108 or even as a means of pilgrimage, weight reduction and we might begin to understand refuge ...

Bunkskarasti
  • satcittanandasatcittananda UK Veteran
    edited January 2017

• Thanks guys

Here is some bowing to 88 [count them] Buddhas. Perfect.
    Have floor, can bow.