Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Chinese New Year

NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran

Happy Chinese New Year !!! The Year of the Chicken !!!
(But do not be chicken when come to explore the Buddha Dharma:-) )

Enjoy the Happy Chinese New Year - very cute.

A Mi To Fo

ShoshinTiggerVastmindBuddhadragonBunks

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

新年快乐 (Sshin-nyen kwhy-ler ) back at ya :)

http://time.com/4648981/chinese-lunar-new-year-rooster/

NMADDP
  • Happy New Year. B)

Heard the fireworks. Wondered what it was ...

VastmindNMADDPBuddhadragon
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Happy New Year!

NMADDP
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

The Chinese Community out here (Australia) call it Year of the Roster :smiley:

NMADDP
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2017

Yaaaaas! Happy New Year!

May you be well, everyone!
    Much love, wealth, and health to the coming days....! :heart:<3<3<3

Loved the OP video. Replay!!

Whose bringing snacks?

NMADDPShoshinBuddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Another pearl of wisdom from a Fortune Cookie...

..."It wasn't chicken."

(Chequered history, these mini-bytes....)

KundoTigger
  • 33_333_3 Veteran

Saw a story on CBS Morning Show this A.M. "Amazing" 1 Billion expected viewers!

edited January 2017

So I've been told -thus it's been said if one is born in the year of the Rooster, one should wear red....
    Like a Little Red Rooster...

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

As a Dog -or rather a Bitch? ;) - I am supposed to keep a low profile on the Year of the Rooster.
    But since I have the Double Dragon curse in my chart, having been born at the hour and day of the Dragon, and the Rooster and the Dragon are very good friends, I should be able to fare the year rather well....
    I always thought it was the two Dragons that did all that unskillful Wrong Speech for me.
    Now, I am coming to think it's that female doggy, aka Bitch, that perpetuates me in the samsaric arena...

Shoshinsilver

Hold on a minute @DhammaDragon I'll see if I can work some magic
    (Shoshin waves her magic wand and says the magic word )

Sorry but it seems my magic has gone to the dogs :wink:

KundoBuddhadragonsilverTigger
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

It's written in the stars, @Shoshin ...
    There's nothing I can do ;)

Shoshin
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Bah humbug - this chicken is rubbery! :p

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's not chicken.
    It's foul....

Kundo
  • ShimShim Veteran

新年快乐 !

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

I heard over the weekend that the year if the Rooster brings a lot of bad luck and misfortune (not that I believe this but heard it).

Apparently we are supposed to wear a lot of red throughout the year to keep it away...interesting

I was born in the year of the Rooster. Every time the year has come up, I've had good times, so it doesn't apply to me! :D

Tigger

@Tigger said:
    I heard over the weekend that the year if the Rooster brings a lot of bad luck and misfortune (not that I believe this but heard it).

Apparently we are supposed to wear a lot of red throughout the year to keep it away...interesting

I tend to take fortune telling of any kind with a pinch of salt ....

Nothing but self-fulfilling prophecy for a susceptible mind...where what's been said, may trigger thoughts that will begin to charm the gullible mind into reading more into a situation/experience than what is really there....

However it will be interesting to see how many people one interacts with wearing something red ........ and if you really want to freak them out,

....(making it look like an accident) spill a drink on them or step on their foot :)

Tigger
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

A little background and Happy New Year from Sravasti Abbey......

Shoshin